Chapter 9 - God's Will

A shadow walked towards the king's bed and stared at him.

'I know you can hear me. Open your eyes, Your Highness.' The shadow whispered mocking the king.

The king slowly moved and opened his eyes to look at his unexpected late night visitor. He saw crimson red eyes piercing at him and fangs as sharp as needles protruding from the trespasser's lips.

'Are you here to kill me?'

'Not yet. I want you to do something else.'

'What is it?'

'Step down from the throne and give it to me.'

'And if I don't?'

'You know what will happen. I will be at the ceremony watching you. Think about it.'

And with that, she was gone like the wind blowing in the desert.

+++

Coronation Night.

Tepes Castle.

'Hail King Sebastien. Welcome back!'

'Thank you. And now, let us begin the ceremony.'

The music began and Ross walked down the aisle towards the throne where his father is standing at. He discreetly looked around searching for Aria but couldn't find her although her scent is strong and lingers around the hall. Behind him are Castor and Pollux with vigilant eyes and on high alert.

Ross stops in front of the king and stares into his father's eyes. What he saw in his father's eyes shocked him.

The strongest king of vampires is full of fear and resignation.

'I'm sorry my son, but I cannot crown you as king.'

'Father?'

Ross turned around to where his father is staring with fear. Aria is staring back at them while standing behind the Queen Siriana.

The King spoke out loud.

'I, King Sebastien Faust Tepes, transfer the crown to the rightful heir.'

'No, father. Don't.'

'Hail to the new queen of all vampires, Queen Agnieszka Aria Aragorn.'

Everyone gasped at what the king said. Aria stepped forward before whispering to the queen's ears.

'Thank you for your naivety, Siriana. Such weak ability to detect danger is what my men preys upon.'

Siriana lost her color and almost fainted had her servants not able to catch her.

Aria walk towards Sebastian and Let him put the crown to her head. Then she sat at the throne.

'As the new queen, I know you will not follow my command so let us make a deal. If you can kill me then your king will remain in power but if you don't, your life is in my hands. Let's play "Chase the Prey". A hunter's game of death that only the strongest can survive. So come, and try your luck.' She announced.

Sebastien didn't need to command his warriors when they immediately attacked the new queen.