Prologue

"We are so distracted by how things end, we usually forget how beautiful the beginning was."
-Lamiya Waheed *───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*
June 2014

'And now here we stand. Our rule is over, and it's up to the next class to step into our shoes and take over. I know that as I look out at all of you, I will measure my time here in a much different way. I will measure it in all the friendships I've enjoyed these last four years.
We may not have the power to inspire the entire world to strive for success, but we do have the power to try to achieve it for ourselves. My challenge to each of you, and to myself, is to do all that you can do to reach your full potential. If each of us, graduating students, is able to do that, just imagine the effect that would have. The future is truly in our hands, so let's make the most of it.
Finally, I congratulate you my fellow graduates of class '14 and myself; Wherever we go and whatever we do, may we go forward into the world with the intention of making it a better place for the generations that follow us.
Thank you.'

Rounds of applause accompany the tag end of Mark's speech , filling the room with the light hue of our people's delight; From parents to teachers to siblings and all. I honestly can't believe that we are graduating. Like I am really enjoying the facilities, but I don't wanna leave my friends. And where are we heading to? College? Interesting. But I prefer school. I mean yep I HATE school but Uni life 'n' stuff? Totally not myー

"HIP, HIP, HOORAAAAAYYYY!! WE ARE DONE WITH THIS SCHOOL BITCHES!!"

Okay that was Brad, and if you don't know him, well, you are too unlucky to do? He's insane and all but trust me once you know himー
"LANGUAGE KID, YOUR. LANG.UAGE." Alright that was probably Mr. Small admonishing Brad for what he just said. Not to mention how he just emphasized the last two words to add the 'Small' effect.

Very funny I know!

Brad and I have been good friends since my first week here, after he nearly trapped himself in his own trap. Ain't that stupid? Who traps himself in his own trap? Nobody, unless it's Braddy.I honestly haven't met someone as maniac as him; clearly not on our planet.He's always roaming with that hilariously splendid character of his. But I gotta admit it, I am a bit grateful for his excessively hilarious spirit; he manages to get you out of the most shitty moods, whenever and wherever, that is.

"JELLY BEAN!!" I don't need to look behind to know who just said that. Nobody calls me Jelly Bean except them.
I roll my eyes at the nickname as a smile grows on my lips. Meet Alexandra and Bethany; my lifetime besties. Or should I say beasties? No, truth is truth, they have my back and I have theirs; And I couldn't ask for more.
Before i can utter a single word they were already tackling me in a sudden group hug.

"I'm gonna Miss you girls a lot", Beth cries after pulling back.

"C'mon Bethy we'll catch up soon, yeah?" Alex pats her back, " Unless you want to cut all the bonds we have" Alex places the back of her hand on her forehead and closes her eyes, feigning hurt.

Dramatic.

My best friend is a complete drama queen. Not to mention the tone she uses.

"Shut up L, get your shit together, you know I am not the one to do that." Beth pouts nonchalantly, apparently used to Alex's drama, and shoves her in her stomach.

"Girls,girls," I drawl and clap my hands, asking for their attention.

They both look my way immediately.
"Drop the act already."Alex rolls her eyes at this, which I expected.