Chapter 3| O-wer than Oreos

"I had read my way not to knowledge but into an inscrutable oblivion."

-Siri Hustvedt
*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*

Wednesday, 22nd of June 2016

I THOUGHT THAT I'D BEEN HURT BEFORE..
BUT NO ONE'S EVER LEFT ME QUITE THIS SORE...

"Yeah, I thought so too!" I sway dramatically and swing the broom, humming along with the song.

YOUR WORDS CUT DEEPER THAN A KNIFE..

"Oh yeah they do."

NOW I NEED SOMEONE TO BREATHE ME BACK TO LIFE..

TANTARARA, HERE COMES MY FAVORITE PART!

So while the background music is on, I crouch on one knee.
Place the broom in a guitar's position and start playing it.
Close my eyes.
Take a deep breath.
And then...

GOT A FEELING THAT I'M GOING UNDE--

thump!

Let alone the fact that I nearly collided with the ceramic floor, I am pretty sure that Mendes didn't mean the literal meaning of 'going under'; but Hazel probably didn't catch this.

"Owww! What in the world is wrong with you, Hazel? How can you push your sister like th-- DON'T YOU DARE TURN IT OFF!" I gasp, standing up, and accusingly directing my finger to her face.

"I guess I dare, after all." Hazel presses the speakers' button and folds her arms in a challenging way.

"You asked for it this time." I frown moving towards her slowly.

I can already feel the drama piling up in my veins!

One step.

Two steps.

Three steps.

When the distance between us limits up to several inches, I narrow my eyes into slits,"YOU WATCH ME BLEED UNTIL I CAN'T BREATHE!"

I fall back in laughter; If that dramatic act wasn't pure epic, then I don't know what is!

Hazel rolls her eyes and tries to hold back her laughter.

Too bad I'm very funny, so she gives in and joins me.

"Admit it though, you liked that!" I winked at Hazel, elbowing her.

"Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night."

"Oh right, what brought you here? And Owww, try to go easy on me next time you attack." I touch the bruises on my arm and grit my teeth.

"Firstly, you're blasting the music too loud and I just couldn't take it", she pops out one finger,"And secondly, it's already three and we have a flight." She pops another finger.

She takes a minute then gives me a hopeless look,"Have you even packed?"

I smile at her sheepishly and she just shakes her head in disapproval.

I plop on my bed lazily and place my palms beside me on the mattress,"But the flight is not until five thirty, Haz. Why so early?"

"Yeah and you get ready in no time, really." I can totally note the mockery in her tone.