Chapter 1| What do you mean who?

"What made her strong was, despite the million things that hurt her, she spoke of nothing, nothing but happiness."
-J.A
*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*

Saturday, 18th of June 2016

Rays of sunlight seep through the slight opening between my curtains.
How annoying.
'Okay easy, that's why we have blankets' I pull on my blanket till it covers my head.

"Jade, are you still sleeping honey? The sun is out already, wake up!"Mom shouts from the kitchen.

CHOCOLATE FUDGE!..IT'S SUMMER, AND I CAN'T ENJOY MY SLEEP IN THIS HOUSE!

I groan before shouting back "I'm getting up mom!".. "Just gimme five more minutes" I whisper, more like to myself.

'Well, knowing mom, she won't call again; she'd rather come and wake me up herself..Now let's close our eyes againnnn and have sweet sweet dreams *yawns*'

My eyelids meet and I start losing myself in another world, enjoying the cool air of my split ac and oh how much I love my beー

BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP..

My bed! BED! B.E.D. See? Not BEEP!what the hell!

I stuff my face in my pillow, half-cursing and half-lamenting the hard luck I am encountering this morning.

"I SWEAR TO GOD ONE MORE BEEP AND I AM PUNCHING THE DAYLIGHTS OUT OF YOU! you.. you..thing!" I cry before getting up to slap my 'Mickey Mouse' alarm shut.

Jesus christ, why did I not have a 'Camp Rock' one instead.

"You are just too lucky that I love you, or I would've banged you in the wall by now." I mumble as if talking to the cute alarm.
Granny bought me this for my seventh birthday and I really cherished it back then. Of course that's not the reason I kept it till now. But she left this world shortly before my eighth birthday, so I kept it as a reminder of her pure soul.

I put the alarm aside and get back to bed in hopes of sleeping. Getting back to sleep is nearly impossible for me. It's as if sleep flies the moment I decide to get some.

I try a couple of times but to no avail. That's when I get up, brush my teeth, and head to the kitchen.
****
"Finally, looks like the Polar Bear gave up 'hibernation', mom."Jacob smirks mockingly, air quoting the word hibernation.

"Shut up Hanna's doll, will ya?" I scoff, teasing him of how whipped he is.

Seriously Hannah? Out of all the girls?

Jacob gives me an expected glare before aiming an apple at my head.

"Gotcha!" I catch it with one hand,"Oh Jack, I think I should be elected as the next Volleyball pro for this generation." I give in arrogantly, flashing him one of my signature grins.

"Volleyball pro my aー"Jacob stops when mom throws him a gaze.

"A-Alaskan Malamute? Yeah.. Alaskan.. Malamute.." He finishes it quickly, obviously annoyed of his inability to retort.

"And what the hell is that?" I chuckle, folding my arms.

"You wouldn't know of course! Idiot!" He smirks in satisfaction.

"Sure, whatever floats your boat, smartass. Mind telling me what is that Alaskan yada yada then?" I roll my eyes. Well that smartass thing earned me nothing but a hard glare from Mom, which I probably brushed off for the moment.