Chapter 2| My poor knees are weak to the spaghettis!

"You can kid the world, but not your sister."
-Charlotte Gray

*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*

"Wait this guy is called David? As in David Stewart?" I bite my bottom lip thoughtfully; where did I hear that Stewart before?

Hazel adjusts herself in her seat,"Well, yeah, you heard him say it, Jade."

I'm pretty sure I heard that name before ugh. Why can't I remember!

"What about it though?" Hazel eyes me carefully.

It seems familiar. Or maybe I read it somwhere. Or maybe it's just a random name on a more random boat that floats in my very own crowded pool of thoughts and--

"JaeJae?"

Yep, definitely in my pool of--Why am I describing my mind as a pool? Hold on, no it may be a sea if I consider the daily process of thinking, day dreaming and all..

"Jade?"

HECK NOBBY-DOBBY! This is more like an Ocean! yep. Yeah. This is more descriptive. I mean overthinking is my thing and you know? Oh wait did I just say Dobby! I MISS THAT LITTLE GUY BA--

"JADE MURPHY!!" I jump impulsively at Hazel's yell, which accompanies her slam on the table.

"I've been calling your name for about an hour, girl! Where the hell were you!?"

"Oh My, Haz!" I gasp, "I didn't go any where, sis, didn't you really notice that I've been sitting in front of you for like," I check my watch, "two hours now?"

Hazel stares at me deadpanned, "I didn't mean the literal meaning of 'where were you', dumb."

"Oh new information on board, lemme take a note!" I mutter sarcastically.

Hazel rolls her eyes, "So, what were you saying about umm..Dr.David ?"

"Oh that," I shrug,"I don't know but I think I've heard his last name somewhere before.."

"It's not like he's the only one in the world with the name Stewart, Jade." Hazzy responds casually in a 'Duh' tone.

"Yep, you're right! Stewart little has the same name too, no wonder I can point out the similarities." If I am not fishing for a more annoyed Hazel to overtake the scene then I don't know what I am doing.

Hazel presses her tongue and quirks an eyebrow, impatiently holding her temper from slipping," Jade, you better shut that little mouth of yours up or else I'll have to use my own methods," she pauses then resumes, as if realizing something,"plus, for your information, it's called Stuart little, S.T.U.A.R.T., not S.T.E.W.A.R.T." She emphazies the letters carefully.

"Oh. How hard have you exactly fallen for him? I mean you even know how to spell his last name like wow." I wiggle my eyebrows suggestively.

Hazel's face instantly flushes radish red, obviously taken aback by my words. And only as expected, I grin in satisfaction for I caught her off guard.

She mumbles something under her breath, which seems to be ,"Still, that doesn't mean that he's the only one with that last name."

So I nod, completely convinced with what she just said because, of course, there are many people with that last name; maybe he reminded me of one of my old school mates or something. Whatever.

Hazel then carries on with her icecream, to which I follow suit, and after a while, we end up having a long wide conversation on how we're going to convince mom about the flight thing.
****
After finishing our icecreams, we ramble out of the parlor.