Chapter 4 | But really appealing if you're a fan of sushi

"When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be."

-Julia Glass

*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*───*

Please God, please God, please Go--

Relief showers me when my eyes lay on the back pack. My knees shake like an overcooked noodle as I slow down to grab the bag.

"Oh, Ma'am! I kept calling after you but it was too late! Thank God you came to fetch it." The,obviously, native waiter says.

Oh really..very early.. VERY. It's not his fault though..

"Oh yeah, Thank you! Just wish me luck because I need to catch up with this flight!" I smile and adjust the back pack on my back.

"The last call for trip 7A2, passengers."

NO NO NO I MUST MAKE IT.

I start running back, in hopes of making it before the plane leaves.

Several profanities slip through my tongue while I harshly take in the air, too bad I couldn't exhale the air I breathed; I accidently collide with a hard surface.

Thud

Now ain't that just great? If I were Bob Marley, I would've changed the name to 'No planes no cry'.

My eyes scan the position I am in, and I'm honestly not surprised to find myself lying on the ground, with my hands stretched behind me for support.

I lift my eyes carefully to find someone across from me. I narrow my eyes in attempt of clearing my vision, but I barely make out any features since the person was rolled up in a hoodie.

I would've mistaken that person for a sushi I swear to God, hence the double-trouble: both black sweatpants and hoodie. Not really appealing if you ask me.But really appealing if you're a fan of sushi.

"SHIT, SHIT! I-I'M SORRY!" The person blurts, rubbing his knee and I can notice his teeth gritting from the pain. The low-pitched, deep voice was enough of a proof that he was a guy.

"No, no I am s-sorry!" The way he spoke causes me to stutter as well, and I shake my head in appology.

He offers me a hand to get up then leans down to collect his sprawled papers, putting his bag aside.

Why would someone wearing this outfit carry all those papers?

"No it's all my fault, really!"

I think he feels guilty or his head wouldn't have been this dropped.

So after I stare at him for a while, I snap from whatever I have been thinking about and crouch in order to help him, my backpack sliding off my shoulders.

"I am really sorry, I-I..This is so clumsy." He shifts his weight from leg to leg, all fidgety, and he scratches his neck uncomfortably, still not lifting his head up.

"It's okay, really! Y'know, if someone is clumsy here then it's probably me. I shouldn't have run like th--" I pick up the last paper from the ground and hand it to him.

"NO! I-I mean no, not at all.." he cuts me quickly, catching me off-guard.

We stand there for a second and then-

"SHIT! THE FLIGHT!" we both scream at once, staring horridly at each other.

We pick up our bags and sprint to the stamping desk, and I swear I could tell that my feet nearly left my shoes from the excessive motion.