ten

Exactly a week had passed since Adriano last came over, I was working my arms and legs on the cross trainer as I thought about my dietician. He frequented the thoughts in my mind- not that it bothered me, I always quick on my feet when it came to accepting the fact that I'm attracted to a specimen of the opposite gender.

Andy stood beside me, throwing motivational slurs at me while I increased my pace on the machine, my muscles burning.

"Let's go and do some boxing after this" I was excited as my trainers words sunk in, I was always tempted to learn how to box- something I had told Andy and my mother since day one, and they never sounded too keen. My mother went far enough to say that she didn't want me to have the upper body of a man. So, automatically Andy had dropped the idea. I couldn't think of a reason as to why he'd agree now- but I wasn't going to start complaining or questioning his (first) good decision since I joined.

I sighed with excitement as he helped me fit in the boxing gloves the gym kept in stock. We walked towards the back part of the gym where there were racks full of equipment and mirrors, in the middle of the area there was a large ring, it had a metal staircase on the left side and thick alternating blue and red ropes that were covered in some sort of plastic and rubber hybrid casing.

"Jockey will help you in the ring" Andy said, slapping a hand on my back, widening his eyes he jumped out through the ropes, as if to say 'good luck'.

I had never met Jockey personally before but, I had seen him walking around the gym, it wasn't hard to understand that he would be training me for this part of my workout. He was massive - that was an understatement- with bulging biceps and toned legs that showed only his muscular cuts I had to suck in a shaky breath in hopes that I wouldn't hurt my wrist while taking a swing at him.

Jockey entered the ring, banging the pads that covered his palms against each other. He looked menacing as he stood in front of me, towering over me by at least a foot and a half.

"Hi" He smiled widely, showing off thirty-two whitened teeth, I had to stop myself from taking a few steps back in shock.

"Hi" I replied tentatively.

He talked me through the basics of boxing and exactly which muscles of mine would be accentuated by it. Jockey was motivated, and his buzz energised me. I took the first swing and he made an appreciative face, I continued.

"Go as fast as you can, I'm timing you" He said pressing a button on his timer, I began punching "Don't punch like a sissy" I would've judged Jockey for using the word 'sissy' but I liked him too much to give a damn, so I began punching with more purpose "That's right. That's better" He yelled "Push yourself, take out all that frustration" I listened to his words and allowed them to command me, releasing all of my emotions from my hands, through my gloves and finally radiating off of the shock absorbent pads. Jockey blew his whistle close to my ear.

"Not bad. What's your name again?" He asks, not effected at all by all the swings I took. I wasn't a professional- but even I knew that I had some sort of power hidden up under there.

"Alice" I panted through my name, trying to catch my breath.

"That was a whole load of punches, Alice, that too in one minute" He looked impressed but kept me grounded while he spoke "I'll let Andy know that you'll be doing this everyday" He nodded and positioned himself, facing me with his knees slightly bent, his arms tensed and stretched outwards as an invitation for me to hit his clad palms. "Again" he instructed.

I was dead tired when I reached home just after 12. My arms and calves were aching from all the punching and bending, but somehow I was satisfied. I never knew I could feel like this after a few hours at the gym. My shoulders weren't as tense as they've been practically all my life, and my face was glowing. Too lazy to do anything after all that punching, I collapsed on my bed.