Ch 5: Bloody Battlefield

CH 5

RECAP: Alex POV

*in the woods*

I run up until the tree cluster, and I notice Naveah and the boys haven’t come yet. I hide behind a tree and listen in.

“Ah, Madison, protecting little Jaelyn I see? Where’s your sad excuse of a leader, Alex? Did she leave you? Don’t worry, I’ll take good care of you,” I hear Siva say, leader of the Everlastings. He is also the strongest. I can almost hear the smirk in his voice.

He lunges for Madison, but I pop out and take him midair from the side, knocking us into a tree, making it fall down. I use Siva as my shield as he takes the impact of the tree and is knocked out.

‘Don’t take down anymore trees, the boys are all hiding, and I am behind the farthest tree on your left. I smell the rest of the Everlastings heading over.’

I listened as Naveah mind messaged Madison and me. I can hear Siva getting up from the tree already. I must say, he has quite the stamina.

Four girls, one definitely injured. That makes three against 5 boys, one barely hurt.

Nothing can go wrong, right?

(recap in –>) Niall POV:

I looked from my secret haven in the tree, and I see the rest of the boys sneak up the trees farther away. Carefully, I use my invisibility to sneak up to the tree with Jaelyn beneath it.

I watch as Siva creeps towards Jaelyn, murder mixed with fury pooling in his eyes. All of a sudden, Madison jumps from my tree right in front of Jaelyn, protectively standing in front of her, ready to attack.

Siva says something but I don’t pay attention. Siva slowly walks toward Madison and waits a split second before lunging for her. Madison braces for the attack, but it doesn’t come.

Alex rams into Siva midair and they crash into the tree right next to Zayn. Siva lay limp in the head of leaves while Alex climbs out, barely scratched. She focuses in on something, then sniffs the air, as if looking for a specific scent. For a split second, her face goes into shock then she turns to face the tree with Naveah in it. Naveah hops out and Alex and Naveah walk towards Madison and Jaelyn. The blood from Jaelyn’s head has dried, but she is still motionless. The three girls have grim faces as they crowd around Jaelyn and talk softly.

“Are you sure they are all coming?” Alex questions.

“I’m positive the Everlastings are coming. It’s the same scent I caught when we were running from them and ran into the boys.” Naveah responds.

“Then we need to hide Jaelyn before they take her. Alex put her in a tree with one of the boys please?” Madison asks. I barely make a sounds as I hop down from my tree still invisible and lean against the tree.

“I’ll take her.”

The three girls instantly crouch into a defensive stance, ready to attack from all angles. I become visible and laugh at them.

“Just me guys,” I say, my Irish accent thick from laughing. They soon stand up with astonished faces.

“Niall, don’t use your talent like that, scared the crap outta me,” Naveah reprimanded. I roll my eyes and laugh.

“Yes mother.”

“So that’s your talent?” Madison asks, impressed.

“Well, besides my amazing singing talent, I suppose so,” I say sarcastically. Madison glares at me while the Alex snickers. Oh how I love that laugh.