Chapter 3: Coumarine City, the First Step in Kalos

Tom watched the Coumarine City dock came closer and closer. He was finally in Kalos. His mind was still swimming with the result of the tournament. He hadn't won, but he had made it to the final round and battled against Kaz. She who was down in the cabin getting ready to get off the boat.

"We're finally in Kalos." Craig's voice sounded over to the right. Tom turned. He was looking at the monorail that led further into Coumarine. "The Gym Leader of Coumarine City is a man named Ramos. He is a user of Grass type Pokemon like Gogoat or Victreebel."

Tom remembered reading about Ramos in the Kalos guide. "Isn't he one of the only guy Grass Gym Leaders in the world?" Tom asked.

"As a matter of fact, yes." Craig smiled. "Back in Sinnoh, Gardenia is the Grass user. Kanto has Erika and Kanaydah has Florence."

Tom watched as the shipped docked.

"Attention all passengers, we have now reached Coumarine City in the Kalos region. Those wishing to disambark, please do so within the next 30 minutes. Thank you on behalf of the crew onboard the SS Explorer." The announcement came.

"Well, I guess this is where we part?" Tom asked Craig.

"For now, yes." Craig smiled as he turned to get off the boat. 

Tom and Kaz stepped off the boat and walked up the dock a few feet. That was when Tom noticed it. Two men over at the Incense Shop dressed in suspicious clothing. They wore lab coats and on the left side, embroidered on the coats, was a "G" shaped Mega Evolution symbol. Both Tom and Kaz rushed over to the shop.

"Listen, give us all your Incense and we'll leave." On of the men in the lab coats said. "That's all we're asking."

"Then that's 9600 a piece." The cashier said.

"Do we look like we carry around that kind of cash?" The other guy in the coat said. "You hand them over for nothing and that will be that!"

"HEY!" Tom shouted. "What do you think you're doing?!"

"Huh?" The first one turned confused. He stared at Tom for a second. "You can't be."

"But he is!" The other shouted. "The one the boss warned us about."

"So much for top secret mission, Tom!" Kaz sighed. 

"Leave him be!" Tom said angrily to the guys in the lab coats. "Leave him or you'll have trouble!"

"Then let's see what you've got shall we?" The first one said, reaching for a Pokeball. "Consider this revenge for what you did to Team Gene!" He tossed the Pokeball and a Weepinbell emerged.

"Go, Torchic!" Tom tossed the Cherish Ball and Torchic emerged. "Torchic, Ember!"

"Weepinbell, Stun Spore!" The Gene grunt commanded.

Before Torchic's Ember could even strike, the Stun Spore had already struck. Torchic was paralyzed and couldn't move.

"Not good!" Tom growled.

"Blastoise, help Tom!" Kaz shouted, sending out her Blastoise. "Use Hydro Cannon!"

"Weepinbell, Protect!" The first Gene grunt shouted. Blastoise's Hydro Cannon did nothing. The first Gene grunt turned to the other. "Take care of her."

"Right." The second Gene grunt nodded. He reached for a Pokeball on his belt. "Go, Sawsbuck!" A Sawsbuck in its Winter Forme emerged.

"So, two on two?" Tom grinned. "When was the last time we did this?"

"Back in Kanaydah during the Team Gene incident." Kaz smiled back. She turned her attention to the battle again. "Blastoise, Ice Beam on Sawsbuck!"

"Torchic, Ember on Weepinbell!" Tom shouted. 

"Sawsbuck, Horn Leech on Blastoise!" The second grunt commanded. It hit Blastoise just after the Ice Beam struck. Some of Blastoise's HP was drained.

"Weepinbell, Razor Leaf!" The first grunt commanded. Torchic barely got in its Ember before being struck. Torchic fell back a few feet and stood shakily a few seconds later. "What?!"

"That was close." Tom muttered. "Can't withstand another blow!"

"Weepinbell, time to finish this." The first grunt said. "But first let's take care of that Blastoise! Razor Leaf!"

"Sawsbuck, Energy Ball!" The other grunt shouted. 

Both attacks launched toward Blastoise. Kaz had no way of escape. Tom watched in horror as the attacks drew closer and closer. He could hardly bare to watch. Tom shut his eyes.

"Frosslass, Blizzard!" Shouted a familiar voice.

Without much warning, the Blizzard attack had hit both Sawsbuck and Weepinbell with the force of a typhoon. Both Pokemon were knocked out in one hit just before their attacks had even reached Blastoise.

"What?!" Both grunts shouted at the same time.

"Who's there?" The first grunt demanded.

"Who? Me?" The voice asked. Tom heard footsteps and turned to see Craig again. "Name's Ajay. Remember it well." He grinned. "I am one of the strongest Trainers in Kanayadah."

"Heh." The second grunt grinned. "At least the boss hired 'him'."

"Yes." The first grunt nodded. "Listen, and listen good. Team Gene will obtain all the Legendary Pokemon in Kalos and Hoenn. We will learn to secrets of Mega Evolution and we will create the strongest Pokemon ever! We hired Pokemon Hunters X, Y and Z to help as well!"

"Good luck defeating Z." The second grunt smirked. "He's one of the International Police's most wanted."

With that both grunts ran toward the docks and out of sight. Tom turned to Torchic.

"You okay?" Ajay asked, as he returned Frosslass to it's Pokeball. "Didn't expect to see you blow your cover so quickly."

"I'm fine." Tom replied as Kaz recalled Blastoise. "It's Torchic I'm worried about. I need to get to a Pokemon Center right now."

"Yeah, Blastoise took a beating too. Where is the nearest Pokemon Center?" Kaz asked.

"According to the Town Map, you have to take the monorail to get to both the Gym and Pokemon Center." Craig spoke as he checked his town map.

"Okay, let's go!" Tom said, booking it toward the monorail. Craig and Kaz followed in equal haste.

He watched Tom and the other two board the monorail. His blue and black hair blew in the wind, and the Pokemon were anxious to battle with the legendary Pokemon Trainer. So anxious in fact the Pokeballs around his waste shook.

"So, that's him." He said with an evil satisfaction. "That's the one who defeated Teams Gene, Reborn Plasma, Ozone, and Cosmos." His expression turned to a sinister smile. "Team Gene hired me to stop you and capture the Legendary Pokemon of Kalos. A job I will enjoy immensely."

He reached for a Pokeball and let his Salamence out.

"Salamence," He began. "Let us continue the search. We already robbed the Evergreen Research Lab. I still can't believe how easy it was." He turned to face the direction of Geosenge Town. "Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde are first on my to-do list! Time to fly Salamence!"

He jumped onto Salamence's back and began his journey to Geosenge Town. 

"Geosenge Town," He thought aloud. "site of Team Flare's failure."