Chapter 8: Santalune Forest, Geosenge Town and the Rhyhorn Thieves

Tom finished purchasing 20 Pokeballs as Nurse Joy was healing his Pokemon. A smile was still plastered across his face. He had gotten one Kalos Gym Badge, but still had 7 to go. His thoughts raced back to his first Gym Battle in Kanto against the Rock type specialist Brock 10 years ago.

"I'm Brock, Pewter City's Gym Leader!" Brock's voice echoed in his mind as Tom remembered his first Gym battle with a Gym Leader. "I believe in rock hard defense and determination! That's why I use Rock types! Do you still want to challenge me with only your Charmander?"

"Yeah, bring it!" Tom's younger voice echoed in his head. "I know how to beat Rock types!"

Images of the battle rushed through his mind. He had beaten Brock's Geodude with a single Metal Claw, and had almost defeated his Onix. The battle had come down to who was faster. Tom's Charmander lost to the Onix however due to a lack of PP on Metal Claw. The rematch had ended in Tom's victory. He remembered holding the Boulder Badge in his hands to show he had beaten the Pewter Gym. It had also been a lesson to always visit Pokemon Centers across the regions.

"Tom!" Kaz's voice rung in his head. Only, Kaz in his past didn't have such a womanly voice, but more a little girl kind of voice. Tom was puzzled. "TOM!"

Tom fell against the wall, pain in his right cheek. He looked up to see Kaz.

"If you're done in Lala Land, Nurse Joy said your Pokemon are healed so we can go to Vaniville now." Kaz said, helping him up. "And sorry about the slap."

"Kaz, if you were a Pokemon your best move would be Wake-Up Slap!" Tom grumbled. "Or maybe even Double Slap."

Kaz slapped him again. "You know something?" Kaz began. "If you were a Pokemon, your best attack would be Me First!"

"In case it slipped your memory, I actually WAS turned into a Pokemon!" Tom retorted. "A Riolu! And thanks to me Darkrai wasn't able to put the whole world into an unending nightmare!"

Kaz looked at Tom, trying to hold back laughter. However, she couldn't and burst out in a laughing fit that could be heard from all the way in Sinnoh.

"Did I miss the joke?" Tom asked, puzzled.

"No!" Kaz said, still laughing uncontrollably.

"I don't get it then." Tom said.

"You were a Riolu!" Kaz laughed. "Riolu can learn Me First!"

"So can Lucario." Tom said. It took him a moment to finally realize why she was laughing. "I get it now! It's funny because I just proved you right about that."

Tom went to Nurse Joy and retrieved his Pokemon. Kaz followed him, still laughing uncontrollable. As they stepped out of the Pokemon Center they saw a figure. It was Owen.

"Pokemon thieves in Aquacorde.." He began, never turning to face them. "What do they seek? The Kalos Legends? The man named Z seeks the three. All hope is lost if he finds them."

"What?" Tom said. The Owen turned. His eyes were dilated again.

"Sea Spirit's Den, Chamber of Emptiness and Pokemon Village." Owen continued, speaking to Tom. "That is where they are hiding, eluding humanity and the filthy Team Gene. However, time draws short. The Pokemon Hunter named Z will have the first soon." With that, he walked off in the direction of Lumiose City.

"Strange man." Kaz said after a long silence.

"Yeah, that's what I said when I first met N." Tom admitted, his eyes fixed on the man that had just conversed with them.

"Who's N?" Kaz asked.

"Just a friend I met in Unova." Tom said.

Without saying another word, Tom and Kaz headed for Route 2 and Santalune Forest.