Chapter 11: A Tussle with Team Gene and Hunter Z Part 2

Essentia stepped forward, ready to challenge Hunter Z and his Salamence. Tom blocked her way.

"This is my fight, not yours." Tom said firmly.

"But-!"

"You guys can deal with Helix." Tom said.

"Three on one hardly seems fair!" Helix mocked. "Oh well, it seems I'm forced to go all out on little brats!" He reached for two more Pokemon. "Infernape and Chandelure! Come forth!" Both of his Pokemon emerged in a flaming burst.

"Ready guys?" Crawley smiled, realizing Tom's plan.

"Enough chat! Let's get started!" Kaz smiled, ready for battle. "Blastoise, Hydro Pump on Chandelure!" Before Helix could react, the Hydro Pump had struck. Helix growled.

"I'll leave this brat to you." Helix said. Z tossed him a Pokeball.

"Xerneas, as commissioned." Z said. Helix smiled darkly.

"Malamar, Superpower!" Essentia shouted, pointing at Helix's Infernape. Helix started to bark orders at his Pokemon.

"So, shall we begin?" Z asked in a very confident tone of voice.

"Charizard, Flame Burst!" Tom shouted. Charizard spat a burst of flames from its mouth.

"Salamence, avoid the attack." Z ordered. Salamence dodged the attack with ease.

"Running won't stop me!" Tom declared. "Charizard, Flame Burst again!" Charizard attacked again, but the result didn't change.

"Here I thought you'd be a challenge!" Z mocked. He hadn't even issued a single offensive command to his Salamence yet!

"Charizard, Flamethrower!" Tom ordered. This time, Charizard's attack struck, but it barely did a thing.

"Nice to see that the Growlithe has some bite," Z smiled darkly. He raised one hand, the hand possessing the ring. "I think it's time I showed you true power!" Salamence's marble-like stone began to glow. "Salamence, it's time! Show me your true power! The power to destroy my foes! Mega Evolve!" Tom watched in both awe and rage as Salamence Mega Evolved.

"Wow!" Tom said in awe. "Nice trick, but will it be enough to stop me?"

Z chuckled. "I've evaded the International Police for years with this trick! what hope do you have?"

Tom frowned. "Charizard, Flame Burst!"

"Mega Salamence, time to show your true power! Hyper Beam!" Mega Salamence began to attack at the some time Flame Burst hit it. However,the Hyper Beam tore right through the Flame Burst and struck Charizard. Charizard was shot back a few feet, taking severe damage. Nonetheless, it got back to its feet.

"Listen kid." Z began. "Without access to Mega Evolution, your quest to stop Team Gene will fail."

"What do you mean?" Tom growled.

"So, you haven't pieced it together yet?" Z asked. Tom shook his head. "Very well. I will tell you what they are after right now. I just gave Helix Xerneas, the legendary Pokemon of Life. They also want the Yveltal and Zygarde, the other two Legendary Pokemon of Kalos. In addition to that, I'm also to hunt down the mythical Pokemon Diancie."

"Diancie?" Tom repeated. He had never heard of it before.

"Yes." Z continued. "I believe Diancie is also known as the Diamond Princess."

"Diamond princess?" Tom vaguely remembered Owen mentioning it. "Team Gene is planning something with Mega Evolution, right?"

"More than that!" A familiar voice said from the direction of Lysandre Cafe. Suddenly Craig appeared. "Team Gene is planning on creating a Mega Stone to allow their abomination to Mega Evolve."