Prologue

Prologue 

I jolted from my sleep when I heard the sound of our gates being opened followed by a loud screech from a car. I glanced at the time to see that it is already past midnight.

He is home late... again.

I tried not to mind it and go back to my slumber however, few seconds later I heard a loud bang. I am sure that it was from our front door.

Is he on a bad mood? At this time? Well, as if there is something new about that.

"Allison!" I shuddered when I heard his thunderous voice. His voice echoed through our room though given the fact that he is most probably in the first floor while I am on the second. I can feel the anger in his voice and it scares me.

With fear flowing through my body, I immediately went downstairs. There, I saw him in the dining room. His brows are meeting each other. Eyes glaring at me. His hand holding his suit while the other is pointing at the table. His polo's first two buttons are undone and his maroon tie messed up. He looks like a mess.

"Bakit, Henry?" I asked almost eating my voice. My lips are shaking from fear. Now that I am near him, I noticed that he reeks alcohol.

"You're asking me 'why'? Clean up the damn table! Garbage! What are those candles for? Are you trying to burn this fucking house? Why are you being so dumb? If you want to die, die alone! Don't fucking include me in your goddamned pettiness, bitch. For once, be useful and clean up that mess." He then started to walk towards me with anger painted all over his face. I was standing at least two meters away from him because of the fear he might do something.

I am scared he might hit me. I shut my eyes waiting what is going to happen next. Seconds later I just heard him slammed our bedroom door close. I released a deep breath and fought my tears from falling. I raised my head for further prevention.

I walked towards the table and cleaned what he called garbage. I cooked all of this for him to eat thinking that he is going to be very tired from his work. I want him to come home with food ready for him. I waited for him to come home. It was at 9:00PM when I decided to go upstairs and browse my social media accounts to kill time while waiting for him. I did not intend to fall asleep while waiting.

I am exerting so much effort to make up to him, to my mistake. I am just accepting all the pain he is giving me hoping that one day, he will learn to forgive and eventually love me. I can easily give up on him. I can leave this household. I am not a nobody without him. I have the money and authority to live by myself. I have friends and family to lean on. I can just leave him and live a better life... but I know I would not be happy if I was to do that.

Henry is my happiness. I love him. I love him despite his devilish acts towards me.

I am madly in love with Henry Nathaniel Santiago, my husband.

-----//-----

Author's Note : Hello, guys! TDH is back! I am going to revise this bit by bit. Thank you for the people who supported this story despite the cliche plot and the way it was written years ago. I am hoping to make this story a bit more well-written and be bearable to read for the majority. Haha! I tried to re-read this and it made me cringe sixty nine times! LOL! See what I did there? *wink wink*