6

SIX

Where are you, now that I want you here. You always know when I'm in distress. Help me.

Sitting on the tree trunk from when I first met him, I was disappointed. Everything was ruined for me, not because of some stupid prom date. It was my mother. Every single time she gets something her way, I will add it to the list . Which is already past 75 times.

The wind was pushing from every side, my hair moving along with it. It was cold, and I came out without a jacket. I should go back in, but I don't want to see anyone in my family. I don't have a car, and I live 30 minutes away from the city. I can't even walk if I wanted to.

Then I heard it. The growling. My eyes widen and I look all over. Even if it was dark, I was determined to find the source.

The growling stopped.

"For your eyes only...." The voice was low and raspy. It was him. He was singing to me.

"I show you my heart."

I didn't know how to respond.

I got up against the tree and look around. He wasn't insight, but how could I hear him so clearly? I felt the wind but it didn't seem like it was there.

"For when you're lonely and forget who you are,"

He came out from the tree in front of me. It was so dark, I could only see his face, barely. I knew he was naked.

He smiled. So did I. Then he went back behind the tree.

"No, please don't go."

"I won't." His voice was so familiar to me.

"You can't see me."

"But I want to. I need to." I moved forward, as close to the tree that I could possibly get.

"Curiosity saves you from nothing." He said in a stern voice; which I was not pleased

"You never know."

He peaked out his head, and I only saw one eye and his hair. It was curly and messy, with leaves and tiny branches.

Then he moves back, and starts singing.

"I'm missing half of me when we're apart.."

I still don't know how to respond.

"Now you know me, for your eyes only."

Then I felt the wind. I heard the growling and my hair went along with the wind, going in every direction.

I walked forward to the tree, and he was gone.

I was all alone.