2

TWO
__________

I found myself back in the woods the next day. I missed the feeling of being there. It was terrifying but exhilarating. It made me feel alive. Fear was running through my bones as if there was no tomorrow.

I wanted to see him again and feel his hand in mine. The feeling was appreciated.

The howling began from a distance. I sat down and played with my hands because I didn't know what to expect. What if he never comes back? I didn't want to think that way. The howling grew louder and louder. Then the howling turned into growling. I knew it was near me.

That's not the same one. A wolf was hidden behind a tree, staring at me in fear. Once it caught my attention, it ran away.

So did I.

[•••]

"The gala will have all districts from the state-" my mother stopped, noticing that I found interest in my book rather than our conversation.

"If someone from the gala comes up to talk to you, and you find them boring, you are certainly not going to pull out a book. That's disrespectful." She scoffed, yanking the book away from me.

"Anna Karenina? You've read this book more than I can count. What is it about that book?" She then put the book back into my massive bookshelf.

"Everything about it is perfect. The way it's written, and the way it's presented make me fool for it. The way that Anna loves Count Vronsky and the way that Vronsky loves Anna has corrupted me." I whispered, because I already knew at that point, my mother could care less.

"I've called in the tailor to fit you tomorrow morning. Don't eat anything that will get you bloated, please Anastasia." She then left the room.

Then I got up to read Anna Karenina.

+

a/n:

lil bit of a filler chapter but I assume it's a bit important.

-ntk