Chapter 11

My eyes flashed as I looked over at the lit up screen on my phone. 1 new message.

I looked carefully as I read. "Hey its Cody! Meet me in town at the pizza hut at 4pm!"

My eyes stung and I tried to hold in the tears at the thought of seeing my brother again. I don't know how he was getting away with this. I checked the time, 3:37pm. If I left know I might just be able to catch the bus. I ran out the front door and I didn't stop until I got there.

The bus pulled up outside the bus stop a few seconds later. I let out a long breath and patiently waited for the doors to open. The bus driver watched me carefully as I handed over the money.

I scanned the seats, it was almost empty except for an old couple sat near the front.

I walked down to the back and sat by the window. I pressed play on my iPod and let the sound of Avril Lavigne's songs fill my mind. I stood up a few seconds too early, almost falling over as the bus pulled to a halt.

My steps sped up suddenly as I saw the sight of Cody in the window of Pizza Hut.

"Hey." He smiled as he pulled out a chair for me to sit on.

I smiled back before saying, "how did you convince them to let you come see me?"

I looked up at Cody who was sitting infront of me, a slice of pizza halfway from his mouth. He began to bite his lip and after a moment replied with, "Thing is they don't know I'm here.."

A frown appeared on my face, that wasn't like Cody to break the rules.

"Oh I see." I replied. "You realize they'll be furious if they find out!"

"Yeah but I needed to see you Lu, It's been ages!" He smiled.

"I've missed you." I smiled.

"Missed you too." He replied.

"Shit!" I shouted.

"What?" He replied, a frown etched across his forehead.

"It's mom, she's coming right this way!" I screeched. " You need to get out of here or she'll catch you!"

"I love you Lu." He said. " Text me,okay?"

I wiped my eyes to stop the tears I was holding back from falling.

"Of course I will. I love you too Code." I cried.

I watched as my little brother left and ran down the street. I squeezed my eyes shut, knowing that it was going to be a long time before I see him again.