Chapter 2 Sophie's POV

A/N: Hey guys, thanks for reading!!! I try to update weekly, but today's one of those day's where I decide to update right away! ;) Hope you guys enjoy this part!

I woke up to a face-full of Iggy breath. At least one thing was normal. When I looked over to my left I saw my Mom fast asleep. A small smile crept on my face, almost meeting my eyes. I slowly crept out from under the soft covers and tried to quietly make it to the door without waking up Edaline.

"Good morning sleepy head!" Grady said cheerfully as I entered the kitchen. He was sitting on a stool, wearing his usual tunic and trousers.

"Hey dad," I said quietly with a yawn. It'd only been a few days since we came back to the Lost Cities.

He passed me some mallowmelt, it must be a special occasion.

"So," He said nervously, waiting for me to look up at his face, "um, I know it has only been a few days since your return, but Foxfire is requesting you to return to your studies."

I stopped chewing the mallowmelt as I groaned, I honestly wasn't ready to face the crowd of people and questions I couldn't answer.

"Sophie, I know you've had a few rough days, but you can't just stay here and mop around in your room all day. Mr. Sencen made a few wrong choices, but his--"

"Recklessness doesn't mean I should totally give up on him or my studies! I know okay! He wouldn't want me to be like this!" I imitated Mr. Forkle, Grady, and everyone else who keeps telling me the same thing.

"Actually, I was just going to say his mistakes can be fixed if you find a way to reach out to him and help him. But that would require you to go to Foxfire so you can learn more about your abilities so you can enhance them to do great things!" He said with a reassuring smile.

"Mom told you to say that, didn't she?" I said knowing all to well that Grady wouldn't even want me to be on the same planet as Keefe right now.

"Maybe she did, but all I'm saying is that you need to get out and do something!" He told me, clearly agitated. "Now go get ready! Sandor just finished putting trackers in your uniform!"

"So, does that mean I'm going next week?" I said with a innocent face.

"Go get ready! You're going to be late!" Grady called up to me as I was climbing up the stairs. I know he had a smile on his face as he watched me charge up and into my--oof! Sandor isn't as soft as I thought. I rubbed my head as I realize I just ran into his body.

"Are you alright Miss. Foster?" Sandor asked. When I nodded he handed me my Foxfire uniform. I would be a level four Dragon this year. Woop-de-doo!

~~~

"Good morning prodigies! Finally our missing students have returned: Biana Vacker, Fitz Vacker, Dex Diznee, and Sophie Foster! We have two new students joining us today! Please make them welcome to our beloved school, we have Tam and Linh Song!" Master Leto said cheerfully.

I tried to hide behind my hair so no one would see me, but then Fitz came over and tapped me on my shoulder, making me jump.

"Where's Keefe?" Fitz asked me concern and anger towards me for not telling him.

"You didn't tell him?" Sandor asked me, eyes wide in shock!

"Um, well I've been kind of busy," I muttered sheepishly. Really, I've been trying to avoid the Vackers so then I wouldn't have to tell them the news. Sandor snorted and muttered something about being busy wallowing in my own depression.

"Tell me what?" Fitz asked me accusingly.

"Um, we should get to class, we're going to be late!" I said as I tried to rush out of the room, tripping over my feet, and landing on my face. Great just what I needed.

Fitz helped pull me up to my feet, "Sophie," He warned.

I don't know why but I ran, well tried to, it was hard when Fitz was still holding onto my arm. I looked at Sandor Pleadingly, he gave me a look that said hey, this is your own mess.

I whipped around startling Fitz, "I really need some space!" I tried to say calmly, but it mostly was a desperate yell.

Right when he let go of my arm I booked it for the nearest restroom. When I looked back I Fitz met my eyes, but he didn't move, he just starred at me as I ran down the hallway.

After I good crying session in the bathroom, I ran to my first class, Elvin History. Sandor trailing behind me.

~~~

I avoided lunch by heading down to Elwin's because of a headache. My head did hurt, from thinking about how I was going to tell my friends about the whole Keefe thing.

"What seems to be the problem today?" Elwin asked me with a smile. His tunic was covered in banshees.

"I have a headache,"

Elwin immediately flashed yellow orbs around my head.

"Did you hit your head?" He asked an amused smile on his face.

"Um, I ran into Sandor this morning, and tripped during orientation," I said, as a small blush crept on my face. I felt really embarrassed after I told Elwin about my clumsy being.

"Huh, well you have slight bruising but this should help!" He said triumphantly as he handed me a light blue Elixar. I downed the bottle, it tasted like feet, I couldn't help but crinkle my nose at the taste of it. 

"Thanks," I mumbled.

"Well, there seems to be no other problems, so you're good to go!" Elwin smiled.

I trudged out of the room, bumping into Biana.

"Sophie!" She said as she gave me a hug. "Where's Keefe?" The worry in her eyes made me want to tell her right now, but I wouldn't do that yet.

"Come to Havenfield after school, I'll answer your questions then," I said quietly avoiding her face.

"Okay," She said solemnly.

"Bring Fitz, too," Was all I said as I hurried off to my Linguistics class with Lady Cadence.

A/N: Hey, hope you all enjoyed this chapter!! Thanks for reading, it really means a lot! Comment on what you think, ships, and favorite characters! Also, feel free to ask me to read your own Fanfics or stories about KOTLC! I'll find time to do so!! ;) Custard Bursts for everyone!

~Tapqueen101