Chapter 3 Sophie's POV

A/N: Hey guys, just want to say thanks for the positive feedback!! Hope you enjoy this part! And if you're looking for more KOTLC take a look at my reading list on my profile for more stuff!! ;)

I was nervous. In fact, so nervous I was pacing while quickly tugging at a loose eyelash. You'd think by now I wouldn't be nervous about talking to my best friends when I'd been attacked and kidnapped many times by the Neverseen. The rapid beating in my chest said otherwise.

"Sophie's just upstairs!" Edaline said in a cheery voice. Probably glad to know that I still have a social life. "Oh, and I'm really sorry about what happened to Alvar, I'm pretty sure a lot of people have been telling you the same things... but try not to focus on the bad but on the good. He still is a good person, he's just in a pickle."

I heard the patter of feet on steps, I quickly dried my eyes (I can't believe I was crying again)
 and arranged the few things needed for today. Chocolate, tissues, and comfy pillows. I pretended I was trying to jog another memory, so I quickly grabbed my moonlark memory journal just as I heard my door creak open. I waited until I heard someone clear their throat, probably Fitz, before looking up from the book.

I rushed over to hug Biana. "I'm really sorry," I whispered as I willed myself not to cry.

"Sophie, you didn't do anything wrong. Whatever Keefe did it wasn't your fault. He pranks people all the time!" Biana laughed with a smile.

I tried to show a strong front, but I started crying.

"Sophie, are you ok?" Biana asked worridly, she hugged me even tighter.

I calmed myself down. It wasn't like I was full blown hysterical. I just had to sob a little. Then I swallowed the growing lump in my throat.

I sat on the edge of my bed, Biana immediately sat down next to me, while Fitz stayed leaning against the door frame arms crossed. He really was holding a grudge for this morning.

"I'm really sorry," I muttered.

"Sophie! Would you please stop apologizing and tell me what's going on!" Fitz yelled.

I don't know why I got so angry and defensive.

"Keefe ran away to the beloved Neverseen! Maybe if you paid more attention to him when we were with the Black Swan he wouldn't have left!" I yelled as angry tears flew down my face. The color drained out of his face. Biana started screaming.

A/N: I know this was a short chapter! *Cringe as someone throws a blotching ball* I couldn't help but leave you hanging off the cliff!! ;) Hopefully the chocolate cheery custard bursts will help? Anyways thanks for reading!! ;)

~Tapqueen101