Let's Just Give It Time: In The End- Chapter 19

The suspension from school went by pretty quick I stayed in my room basically the entire time and at night when my parents went to sleep Vic would sneak out of his house and come over to mine so we could watch movies together but it always led to making out, which I didn’t mind one bit. Today is gonna be my first day back at school and from the little conversations I’ve had with Oli and Lydia when I was supposed to be getting homework from them I learned that no one knew anything so it should be a fairly normal day. My dad told my brothers to watch out for me to make sure I didn’t talk to Vic so I guess he was being serious about the whole thing. He even went as far as to drive me to school and walk me inside.

“Okay you can leave now. I don’t need a chaperone.” I said in a hostile manner.

“I’m going to pick you up so don’t try to get a ride with anyone.” My dad said. I didn’t even acknowledge him I just walked away, heading down the hall. I was out of my father’s sight so I could breathe a little easier. I saw Vic walking down the hall and he saw me and smiled. He began walking over to me and out the corner of my eye I saw my older brother standing down the hall. I looked at Vic then shook my head ‘no’. He gave me a confused look and I just looked down as I walked past him to Lydia, Oli, Zance and Mike who were standing down the hall.

“Hey, you’re back!” Mike said excitedly.

“Yeah.” I smiled.

“How was your suspension?” Zance asked.

“Boring and my dad made new rules and is apparently enforcing them by making my brothers spy on me.” I said annoyed. “This is all Mr. Michaelson’s fault; he has never called parents in just to suspend anyone.”

“Yeah, well what you did was kind of over the top.” Lydia said.

“Oh whatever, plenty of kids at this school have done the same thing.”

 “What did you do because my brother got suspended the same night but he won’t tell me? Did you guys get suspended for the same thing?” Mike asked.

“No, we didn’t and it doesn’t even matter what I did all that matters is that my dad is being a douchebag and I need to find a way around these rules he’s put in place.” I said.

“Don’t you think it would be best to just do what he says? I mean it’s only one rule and you can still come out and hang with us plus he gave your phone back so I think it’s a pretty good deal.” Oli said.

“If any of you want to give me advice make sure it’s something to help me get around my dad’s rule not something as stupid as bowing down to my father and obeying. I’m not a dog Oli, are you?” I replied bluntly to his idea. Oli was giving this weird guilty look and his face was turning a little red like he was embarrassed. I know it was a bit harsh but I couldn’t help but be pissed. I thought getting out the house would make it better since I would be away from my dad but instead I got my brothers watching me so there’s no way in hell I could even speak to Vic just for a second.

“I was trying to think of what’s best for you.” Oli said.

“Well next time don’t if you think that’s what’s best for me.” I turned around and walked away.

“He’s just on edge right now; he doesn’t mean to come off as a jackass. You’re right and he knows it, he just doesn’t want to accept it.” I heard Zance say. You know I liked it better when I was on suspension at least I didn’t have to hear my friends be unsupportive of my relationship with Vic and I still got to see him in secrecy. Now it’s the total opposite and just like that I’m wishing I had got another week of suspension.

________________________________________

                For the rest of the day I kept seeing Vic in the halls but I could never talk to him because one of my brothers was always right down the hall watching me. I’m pretty sure that my dad is paying them to do this because they would’ve gotten bored by now. I’m in last period with my head down on the desk while everyone else was working on the assignment our teacher gave out. I should be doing it but I’ve barely done any work today at all so I don’t see the point in doing this assignment since I can just copy it from Oli later seeing as he’s my study buddy.