Chapter 19

Everything's a blur.

I'm already back at the Capitol. My fire red hair once matted with crimson blood now silky smooth again. My legs and arms and other unimaginable places hairless once more.
I'm currently being tugged into a figure hugging dress that "compliments my pale skin tone like the Sun compliments the horizon of District 4" according to my stylist.

Before I know it, I'm being pushed onto the stage that had been walked on by many a tribute before hand and no doubt would continue to be trod for many years. I courtesy before taking a seat across from Caesar.

"So! Finch! Our glowing ember, congratulations," he booms in his quirky voice.
I shy my face away from him, glancing towards the floor in my characteristic fashion, "Thanks," I mumble.
"How does it feel to be our Victor once again?"
"Good, I guess," I reply with a slight nod.
"And so your prize comes tomorrow, I think we all know who you'll be bringing back," he nudges me before looking towards the audience, "Are you excited?"
"Ecstatic," I sit up straight and beam a smile towards the audience.
"Finch, we cannot wait, we'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow, go and collect your crown."

I rise, the audience rising with my and applauding as I walk off stage. I'm almost dragged off of my feet by my mentor who swiftly walks me towards the throne I sat on last year, tears eyed and thinking of the boy I believed I would never see again.
I perch on the throne as Snow gives a short speech to the residents of Panem watching my 'prize giving'.

As Snow walks towards me holding a tiara, I stand. He places it on my head and congratulates me, much as he had done last year.
At this point if it were any other year, I'd be able to go home, but I sleep once again in the high rise building I had resided in whilst I waited for the days to pass before the games. I walk on my own into the elevator, hitting the button to level 5 and trudging along the corridor. I unlock the room to the door and turn on the light, surprised to see a figure on my bed.

She rolls over and sits up, brushing her curly hair over her shoulder.
"Hello, Finch," she purrs, "Recognise me?"
My eyes widen and I begin to stutter, "A-Annie? I'm so sorry, there's nothing I could do, I-"
"Hush now, girlie, there is something you can do. You know what that is, right?"
I stand, still frozen in the doorway and when I don't answer she continues.
"Tomorrow, you have the ability to bring anybody back to life. Now I know that Marvel may have been the love of your life but you're young. Finnick was the only person who understood me and took the time to help me out," she stands up, "I'm carrying his child, Finch, and you wouldn't want to be the one to deprive my little one of his daddy, would you? I don't want to seem like a bad person, but Finnick deserves to live, you know that, just think about it and if you make the wrong decision tomorrow, let's just say Marvel may meet another sticky ending and then we'll both be upset."
She waltzes from my room, closing the door behind me. Did I really just hear that? Did she just threaten to kill Marvel again if I didn't revive Finnick? I flop onto my bed, trying to consider all of my options.
Hours fly by and my escort knocks on my door multiple times reminding me about dinner, but I have more important things. I take a long hot shower and sift through the drawers before pulling out that same outfit I has slept in the night before my first games. I crawl into bed and my mind is still reeling.
I go through a tonne of possibilities before coming to a conclusion, "that's it!" I say to myself as if having a eureka moment. I settle down, satisfied with the decision I'm going to make tomorrow before falling into a deep, cushiony sleep.

---

I know it's short, I'm sorry but I wanted to get something up.
My hands are freezing right now so there may be a lot of mistakes because I typed it on my phone whilst waiting for my bus xD
The next chapter will be the last and hopefully you'll all enjoy it. I'll try to make it super long and detailed but obviously I can't promise anything

You guys rocks for staying with me through my hiatus and thanks for the suggestions for the ending!