Chapter 11

Luke paced through the hallways with his mind churning, as he had been doing all night. He was torn between going back to the computer room to look through more of the files and confronting Ahsoka about what he had seen. There were so many videos, he hadn't even gotten through half of them. Instead, he had skipped from place to place. In some videos, Ahsoka was the hero. She worked with other Jedi to save Togruta, to rescue a young Hutt, even to protect government officials. But in other videos she seemed like a different person. She killed people she fought against, she disobeyed orders, and she even went behind her own master's back. "Which one is she really?"

Luke walked into the cafeteria and looked up to see Han sitting at the counter. "Hey Han." Luke sat down next to him, and Han looked at him. "Hey, have you seen Petro anywhere? He was supposed to be helping with repairs, but he's disappeared and I can't find him anywhere." Luke thought for a moment, then shook his head. "No, I haven't seen him." Han huffed as he took another bite of his food. "He's young, but he's a good worker too. He always seems to know just where the piece you need is. But since Ahsoka showed up he's been acting weird. He was muttering to himself about a promise while he was working a few days ago." Luke frowned, then shrugged. "He probably is one of those people who don't believe in the Jedi or something." Han frowned slightly, then grabbed his glass and finished his drink. "If you say so kid."

Luke grabbed a roll from the basket on the counter and walked out of the cafeteria. "What should I do now?" He walked back towards the computer lab, but as he was passing an open doorway he heard a crash and looked in. Inside Ahsoka, Ventress, Spetevge, and Leia were all working with random objects scattered around the room. Ventress was partnered with Spetevge, and Ahsoka with Leia. Luke smiled as he watched Leia frown at the large crate in front of her, which was suspended three feet off the ground. "Good job. You're doing much better at focusing." Ahsoka walked around Leia and looked at Spetevge and Ventress. Ventress was holding one of her lightsaber hilts and was showing Spetevge how to push objects with the Force while still holding her lightsaber. Spetevge was enjoying herself, she was even able to move a crate as large as her. Ventress was smirking as she watched Spetevge, her posture relaxed.

Luke walked in just as Ahsoka clapped her hands. "Now drop!" Spetevge looked up and her crate fell back onto its side, and Leia's dropped to the ground with a crash. Ventress nodded as she pushed herself off the wall and walked over to Ahsoka. "You need to be able to stop using the Force and focus on fighting very quickly if you want to survive." Ahsoka nodded in agreement. "Both of these pieces, dueling skills and the Force, are important, but they work much better if you can use them together, and especially if you can use them at the same time." "How do you use them at the same time?" Leia looked at Ahsoka curiously. Ahsoka shrugged, looking at Spetevge. "You can the way Ventress was showing Spetevge, or you can use it to increase your own abilities, such as speed or skill." "Then there are attacks you can develop with the Force as well." Ventress crossed her arms and leaned against the crate. "Force Lightning and Force Choke are only a couple of the attacks employed. There are several other ways you can use the Force as a weapon."

Ahsoka nodded. "You can use it to influence the environment around you and change it to your advantage. If you're a quick fighter, pulling down objects to use as obsticles is option. If strength is your advantage, hurling objects at your opponent works as well. It all depends on how you communicate with the Force and how it responds to you." Ventress took two steps and flipped onto a stack of crates taller than her. "You can also use it to enhance your own movements. You can learn to make yourself faster, stronger, or more agile." "It may not seem that useful compared to direct Force attacks, but being able to handle yourself as well as you handle the Force is extremely important to fighting well."

Ahsoka looked up at Ventress, who had stretched herself out on the crates like a cat, and grinned. "Will you come back down? We still have a few things to go over before we let them go." Ventress opened one eye and looked at Ahsoka, then closed it again. "I'm fine where I am." Ahsoka rolled her eyes then made a flicking motion with one hand. The crates underneath Ventress flew across the room, and Ventress jumped off of hers moments before it joined the others. She landed lightly and glared at Ahsoka, who crossed her arms and looked coolly at her. "You can go be alone after training is finished. Right now you are supposed to teaching." Ventress rolled her eyes and walked over to Spetevge, who was staring with wide eyes. "Since when did Skywalker's little pet become such a rule-follower? I seem to remember you having a flexible attitude when it came to them, the same as your master." Ahsoka frowned. "Ventress..." She said with an edge. Ventress smiled. "I'm not saying anything." She pulled her hilt out again and started showing Spetevge different ways to hold it.

Ahsoka went back to Leia, and Luke waited a moment, then left the doorway as quietly as he had come. "What was that? It felt like Ventress was taunting Ahsoka, but why? Didn't they work together during the war?" Luke went back to the computer lab and booted up the computer. He went to the file with all the footage, but it was empty. "What!" He quickly ran a scan of the computer, but there wasn't any trace of them. "Bee-op." Luke turned around just as R-2 quickly wheeled out of the lab. Luke sighed and rested his head in his hands. "So R-2 is protecting her... What am I supposed to do Obi-Wan?"