Chapter 8

Luke walked quickly through the hallways. His mind was spinning as he thought about Ahsoka. Her attacks had been amazing. Neither Obi-Wan or Vader had used their weapons like that. It had almost seemed like she floated as she fought, her moves had been so elegant. But there had been something else. Ahsoka had cut down all those droids with ease, as if she had done it a thousand times before. "A Jedi should follow the path of peace."

Luke walked through a doorway and looked up. He had wandered into the computer lab, the same one that Ahsoka had shown them the footage in. Luke walked over to the computer and logged in, then began flipping through the files. He stopped at the largest file, the one marked "B.F." Luke looked at it, and a question began to burn in the back of his mind. "Why didn't Ahsoka want us to see these files?" Luke hesitated, then opened the file. "Ahsoka is a Jedi. There can't be anything wrong in these files." He pressed play, and the scene from before came up. The battle started, and Luke swallowed as he watched. The point of view was very disconcerting. The camera leapt from place to place attacking droids and defending soldiers. "It's Ahsoka." Suddenly, Luke's eyes widened, and he rewound the video. He pressed play and as he watched, his jaw dropped. "What?" He went back to the menu and selected another video. Within a couple minutes another battle started. Luke jumped from video to video, and as he watched, his face grew paler and paler. "Who is she?"

Ahsoka walked quietly through the hallways. She knew which section the intruder was in, but she couldn't tell who it was. They knew a lot about the Force, enough that they could conceal their identity. As she walked through the base, she headed towards the storage rooms. "Whoever it is, they aren't here to attack us." As she stepped through the doorway into the first storage room, she looked around. The presence was stronger here. The intruder was definitely close by, in either this room or the next. Ahsoka ducked as she walked underneath a pipe, but her headtails still brushed against it. Ahsoka paused as she heard a soft noise behind her. "You're clever. Waiting until I make a noise to move. Why don't you come out here where I can see who you are?"

Ahsoka looked back towards the doorway and waited. There was silence, then a black shape detached itself from the wall next to the doorway. The figure crossed their arms and leaned against the door jam. "Well, who thought that I would ever see Skywalker's little pet again?" Ahsoka's eyes widened. "Ventress?" Asajj Ventress stood up and stalked towards Ahsoka. She looked older, but her figure was the same lithe form from before. She wore a simple bounty hunter's uniform, and instead of being bald, she had chin-length blonde hair. Ahsoka noticed she was taller then Ventress now, even without her headtails. Ventress stopped a few feet in front of Ahsoka and smirked. "It's good to see a familiar face."