part 26!!

Part 27!!

'It was nice to meet Grace yesterday' Liam says as we leave the estate that my house is in.

'Yeah she's a lovely girl. Niall seemed to like her too' I laugh.

'Yeah! So are they like... A couple now?'

'Im not sure. She asked me to ask Niall out last night and he said yes so I'm guessing they are.' I tell him. Liam pulls out onto the main street and as we near the end of the road, I see a police van and an ambulance.

'Whats going on?' I ask Liam, starting to panic.

'Im not sure. Its okay babe. We'll be fine.' Liam says, putting his hand on my leg. We get to where the police car is sitting and a policewoman comes over to the window and signals for Liam to roll the window down so she can speak to us.

'Whats happened?' I ask.

'There's been a stabbing down the road here. The road is closed. Can you please go another way?' she informs us.

'Oh. Do you know who was stabbed? Are they still alive?' Liam asks.

'Im afraid we can't tell anyone who it is until they are fully identified.' the woman says.

'Okay. Thank you. We'll just turn the car and go a different way. Thank you anyway' I tell the policewoman and she smiles at us.

'Thank you dear' she replies before walking away from the car and going to speak to the car behind us who will also have to turn.

'Thats horrible. Imagine if it was someone we knew!' I say, still in the shock of the news.

'I know. Right, how do we get to the hospital a different way?' Liam asks me, changing the subject.

'Umm... God this is really testing my knowledge of the streets in my town. Uhh.... Go right at the next road. Go right and down onto Browns Road' I tell him. He turns right and onto the road that I tell him.

'where now?' Liam asks, as we pass the ends of streets.

'Uhh.... You used to be able to go right.... No. That road is closed. Go left. Now!' He turns left and I manage to direct him back onto the motorway. As we turn into the hospital car park, it's packed. There are no spaces for anyone.

'We'll find one' Liam insists, driving around the car park. When we don't find one, Liam leaves the car park and parks on the street.

'Told you we wouldn't find a space' I laugh at Liam as we get out of the car.

'Oh and where is the car parked?' he laughs, trying to prove a point.

'Yeah but it's not in the car park, is it?'

'Oh shoosh!' he says before getting out of the car. I just laugh at him and get out and run around to the other side of the car to where Liam is standing.

'Whats the time?' I ask Liam, even though my phone is in my hand.

'Five to three. By the time we get up there it'll be three o'clock.' Liam tells me as he takes my hand in his and squeezes it lightly.

'Okay' I say as we walk hand-in-hand up to the hospital entrance. When we get into the hospital, we don't bother asking where gran is because I already know she is in ward 16. At least, I hope she is there. We walk up the stairs and stop at the window at the beautiful view of Dublin. After a few minutes, we carry on into Ward 16. I see gran sitting in the chair at the side of her bed, fully dressed, ready to go.

'Bella!!' she smiles, standing up.

'Gran!' I laugh running over to her. She pulls me into a tight hug and we rock backwards and forwards in the middle of the ward.