Chapter 4

Jeremy finally stops running and sets me down gently but that doesn't stop me from slapping him.

"I told you to stop! You fucking killed him!" I yell and feel tears of frustration run down my cheeks.

"He would have killed you first if I wasn't there" he says calmly and I roll my eyes.

"You could have let him go! Enough of my family have died already!" I yell and my voice cracks as I begin crying even more. He closes his eyes for a moment and it looks like he's in pain. I see him take a step towards me but I take a step back and put my arms up. For all I know he could have been the one that killed my grandfather.

"I'm sorry. I lost control. He insulted you and all I saw was red. No one will ever speak to you like that in front of me" he says and his eyes darken slightly.

"I've been called far worse than that. He was good. He wasn't a danger to you..I just...can't lose him" I sob and close my eyes thinking of my grandfather hoping that he's somehow still alive. I choke up when I feel Jeremy putting his arms around me.

"I'm sorry what do you want me to do?" He says and holds me tighter. I sniffle and enjoy his comfort.

"I'm tired. I wanna go to bed" I lie and feel him place a kiss on the top of my head.

"Okay. My house is near here anyways. I hope I got everything that was yours." He says and I look at the two cases he left on the ground. One of them was a medium sized red case that carried all the clothes I brought with me and the other one being a long black leather case. I prayed to god he didn't look inside it and realized it carried my bow and arrows as well as other things I carried with me that was essential to my training.

I nod my head and pick up the leather case immediately and start following Jeremy as he leads me to his house. I feel a little intimidated when I look at the size of the gorgeous house before me. It's looked to be about two stories high with a wrap around porch.

"You live here? What do you wolves do for a living?" I gape looking at the house even more as we get closer.

He smiles and puts his hand on my waist. "You know it's kind of insulting to call us wolves" he says and I roll my eyes.

"Its what you are" I state and he raises his eyebrow at me.

He flips over a rug at the back door and picks up a spare key and unlocks the back door and opens it for me.

"After you human" he says and I glare at him. Although we're being playful I still don't feel safe around him now that I see just how easily he can kill with no remorse. Once again he has to lead me to the bedroom that's his and he lays my stuff on the couch near his bed and goes to his closet and starts changing again.

"Where are you going?" I ask and place my case down as well,this time I don't look away when he puts on a pair of jeans and goes into the bathroom.

"Wolf things. I'm the Alpha's second in command. He's taking the day off which means I'll have to take over. I can trust that you'll be fine alone?" He says and I hear him beginning to brush his teeth.

"I guess" I say looking around the room for no reason. I hear him spit and he comes out with his hair slightly neater now.

"You're sure?" He says taking another step towards me but I take one back.

He looks a little hurt at my movement but doesn't attempt to get closer,"You can come with me if you want? You can meet some of the pack members. They'll have to meet you anyways. Especially my parents." He says and I shake my head.

"How are you going to explain to them what I am? Who my family is? I'd rather stay here alone thank you" I say and cross my arms.

"You can't hide from them forever. They'll accept you especially once you become a wolf" he says. Here we go again.

"I've already told you I'm not becoming one of you. So just drop it!" I yell and he takes a deep breath while lifting his head high. I expect him to argue some more but doesn't.

"Make yourself at home. Eat something at least. I should be home later this afternoon" he says and walks out.

"Ugh!!" I yell and grab my bags again. I won't ever sleep in the same bed as him ever again. I find a guest room down the hall and happily place my bags there. I'm stuck here for now at least. He has money. If I can gain his trust from him I could probably earn enough money as well to make my way out of here and back home.

I begin putting my clothes away and look inside the bathroom and feel grateful that there's an unused toothbrush as well as towels.

I take a long hot shower and when I leave the bathroom my eyes land on my leather case that I left on the bed. I carefully open it and run my hands along the bow I've used for years feeling the cold metal against my fingertips. I lift up the compartment that holds my bow and look at the other weapons I have hidden underneath. 4 small silver knives with their matching holsters as well as 15 silver arrows.

I go back into the bathroom and dig in the pockets of the pants I was wearing and dig out my mother's necklace,the only thing that was recovered from her body. I put it on and center it perfectly around my neck.

I'll make the message perfectly clear to Jeremy, he does not own me and I was born a wolf hunter and I always will be.