6

2 month later..

Ethan's POV

Jade and I were going to hang out today. I have decided to answer her question because we've gotten really close. The answer isn't something special, it's just my way of things.

Knock knock knock.

I head down the stairs and open the door.

"Hey Eth!" Jade said pulling me into a hug.

"Hey Jade. How have you been?"

"I've been good, just hanging out with my friends and all. How about you?"

"Good. Hey remember at the cafe? When you asked me a question and I said I'll answer when I'm ready?"

"Yeah?" she said with a confused face.

"I think I'm ready to tell you."

"Oh okay." she said smiling.

We walk over to the couch and take a seat.

"I don't want to hurt you in any way at all, but I feel like if I keep it in, it'll just hurt you even more."

"Okay."

"The only reason why I only text you at 3 is because.. The whole thing was a huge game."

"Wha- what?"

"My friend, my stupid friend. Told me he would not let a dumb secret out if I just texted you and played with your feelings. Like keep you up at 3 and keep you guessing. I'm really sorry."

"Wait so you lied to me about the girl giving you her number?"

"No that part was real, he just wanted me to play with the girl that quote gave me her number, but it turned out to be you.."

"Oh."

"Jade I'm really sorry. I regret everything. I think I'm really falling for you. I know it's a little early but it's the truth."

"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you're just like any other guy that plays little games. I never let anyone in to my life so easily."

"Please Jade don't leave. I'm sorry I really am."

"No Ethan. I'm sorry I was just a little game you played."

-

a/n : i know this story is moving a little fast but i just want the book to be straight forward.
I also didnt want this book to be super long, just sweet, simple, and straight forward :))
hope you guys still like the book :/