✩ Two ✩

The breakfast was awkward for the [h/c] female as she watched her sister and Itachi intimately conversing with each other. What distracted her even more was the fact that Sasuke (her new brother) was brushing his foot against hers constantly. It caused her cheeks to bleed red, to which she tried to hide with her palm.

"[Name]?"

"Hm?" Her eyes trailed over to Itachi who seemed concerned by her state.

"Your face is flushed. Do you feel sick?"

The red on her cheeks deepened, "Nooo, I'm fine. It's just pretty hot in here."

Sasuke chuckled darkly, "That must be your imagination. It's pretty cold in here."

"I hope you aren't sick," her sister worried as a frown marred her face, "Her colds last forever."

"Yes, I'm fully aware of that." Itachi smiled at [Name], "Since we're all finished eating, I'll go pay so you can go sleep off that cold."

She nodded, glancing away from the man as her blush stained her whole face. Inwardly, she was celebrating that he remembered a miniscule detail about her that she told him during their daily rendezvous at the cafe. It meant that he hadn't forgotten about their time spent together years ago.

Her giddy face didn't go unnoticed by the younger Uchiha as he fiercely glared at her with a disgusted look. She didn't pay attention to him, keeping her gaze on her empty plate of food as her blush died down.

"You guys go on ahead. We'll meet up by the entrance," her sister stated as she shooed them off. They both nodded and traveled outside the hotel to the front.

Standing ten feet apart from each other, there was an awkward tension between them, but for different reasons unbeknownst to the both of them. [Name], however, wanted to get to the bottom of things. "What the hell are you plotting?"

Sasuke's eyebrow quirked, "Excuse me?"

"What are you trying to do? You think it's funny to embarrass me in front of him?"

"Don't flatter yourself. You're ruining yourself on your own accord."

"I know my feelings are none of your concern. Frankly, I can care less about you too, but for the sake of our siblings, we should try to make this work."

"You don't care for your sister. This is about pleasing my brother."

".....What?" She was beyond stunned by his words to the point that she didn't know how to reply.

"It's written all over your face. The only thing you care about is being an Uchiha, which is why you feel bitter that your sister married my brother."

"Well shit. You have me all figured out," she snapped, sarcasm heavy in her words, "I want to be an Uchiha so badly that I'm pissing off the younger one!"

"You're probably finding some excuse to whine to my brother to steal him away from your sister."

The slap from her hand across his cheek couldn't come any faster. "You're disgusting." His cold gaze locked with her hurt expression, causing his lips to press together and form a tight line. He didn't expect that reaction from her as shown from his startled form.

"[Name], Itachi needed to ask you a favor before you--What happened here?"

She glanced away from her sister, "I need to go. Just send me a text of what you need and I'll do it." Her voice wavered, and she quickly stalked away to the parking lot, leaving her sister in a confused state.

"Sasuke, your cheek is red... Did she do something?"

Sasuke directed his attention to his sister-in-law, "Don't worry about it."