✩ Ten ✩

"Sit properly, [Name]. Look at how your sister does it," the scorning voice of her mother said. Her father didn't bother to address the situation, paying no attention to his wife's antics.

The chastised ten-year-old girl pouted, grumbling under her breath as she straightened her torso. The chair under her creaked in protest, signifying how worn out it was. She winced at the sound, her mouth opening to question her mother why they kept such antique furnishings, but one disapproving look from her and the girl's mouth sealed shut.

Her mother smiled in appreciation and returned to her dinner. Without another word, the young girl glanced at her sister as she ate with such grace. The odd part of it all was that there was no feeling of jealousy or contempt for her sister, only a glimmer of hope-- hope that someday she wouldn't have to be in her shadows anymore.

When her sister caught her stare, her orbs filled with worry. "Was she mean to you?" she whispered.

The girl shook her head. "Nothing I can't handle."

After all, she needed the toughest of skins to endure the countless years to come.

>>>>>

"First of all, are you stalking me? That can be considered a crime," [Name] stated.

Seated in a rented room, she couldn't help but laugh at how it complimented his shady personality. Although there was much discussion as to whether Sasuke should accompany her or not, she was thankful he did. The second she noticed where they were headed, she held Sasuke's hand much tighter than usual. The guy already gave her the creeps. He didn't need to add on to that.

"I had someone tail you, if that's what you're getting at. I know you told your in-laws already, and by the look on your faces yesterday, I'd say you received their approval. However, I know your sister. I know how angry she'll become-- how your parents will react.. Oh that's the pinnacle of your worries. Not your in-laws. And the best part is that I have some great photos of Itachi and you together..."

He slid a few photos over to her. Her eyes narrowed at the sight of her and Itachi hugging. It was the time she had admitted that she no longer loved him and had moved on. If she were a stranger with no information about the Uchihas, she would have thought the two in the picture were lovers. Certainly, these photos, along with the ones he has of her and Sasuke, could be used for an excellent story. She chewed on her lower lip, shifting her eyes to glance at her surroundings. "Mhmm, and what are you trying to gain from this? Money? A date?"

"Power," came Sasuke's remark. His expressionless face did little to show his apparent distaste for the man, "You want the Uchiha power."

Her face fell, "I don't have that power."

"But I do," Sasuke hummed. "What I can't understand is how stupid trash like him can be."

"DON'T... Don't try to belittle me when you are the one being blackmailed!" Leo seethed.

"I don't consider this blackmail. I consider you a nuisance," Sasuke responded.

"But he might tell my sister," she quietly added to Sasuke. "She'll be furious if he tells her and not us. Out of all the people, I can't have her know just yet."

"I've known these two sisters longer than you, little Uchiha. Don't try to pass this off as nothing."

Her eyes flitted over to Leo's face, narrowing her eyes when she caught his smug look. For the six years her sister worked for that company, she never knew he actually listened to her whenever he asked how she was doing. Due to her lack of friends and desperation for someone to talk to, she did divulge a few things about her family to him. However, this was way before he became touchy with her.