Chapter One

Dedicated to : alibabaismeh

• • •

First of all, hi. I'm Jamie. Jamie Hayee.

Secondly, I think I might have gotten a death sentence.

I watched in disbelief at the scene unravelling before me.

It was a glory to behold.

The teachers gave up. Literally.

They just sat in a circle on the school ground amongst the students who screaming about and running around like headless chickens. Aged thirty to fifty, the adults joined hands as they muttered prayers for the students' sanity.

At the time, I would have laughed at the pathetic-ness of the situation if it weren't for the simple fact the school was up in flames.

I watched in fascinated horror as columns of grey smoke poured from the eastern side of the school building and spiralled into the sky.

We were so screwed.

" It's so beautiful, " Ben, breathed from beside me.

" It is, " Nana agreed.

Let me introduce you to these two idiots, Ben and Nana, also known as Benjamin and Joanna Hayee.

And I'm ashamed to say, not only are they my siblings, but they're also my twins. Yup, we're triplets.

Let the sympathy shower.

Where was I?

Oh, idiots.

" Idiots, " I muttered.

" Silence! "

I jumped, startled.

Scanning my surroundings, I squinted and pinpointed the source of the noise.

On top of a cement block, the principal, Mr. Williams, in his red-faced face sweaty- body glory, stood, his eyes flashing with rage.

The students around his continued their chaos, oblivious to the man brimming with murderous rage.

" Silence! " he repeated yelling into a microphone that magically appeared in his hand.

Students stopped screeching, their mouths open in mid-scream. The teachers rose to their feet, brushing off non-existent dust, composing themselves as the summoned their dignity and authority.

" Thank you, " he said, glaring." Now, I would - "

" It was their fault! " a shrill voice interrupted him.

All heads turned to my chemistry teacher, Mr. Parker, an oversized man stuffed in a tight suit. He triple chin quivered as he spoke, something which I found extremely disturbing.

" It was their fault! " he repeated.

I paled as he pointed at Nana, Ben and I with one hand, and used another to wipe the sweat of his face.