Chapter 20

I wrote this like five times, I still don't like this, i really don't. Grr.

Anyway next chapter is way better! #promise.

BEFORE READ: Adam is the deliver boy (he appears on chapter 6) he is an old friend of Lucy. And Adam is Logan Lerman! 

++++                                   HARRY.

"Thank you Harry." Lucy whispered as I drive to her house. I just nodded. I don't know what to say, I didn't help too much, I just hugged her.

Lucy sighs and shakes her head. "I'm so weak and stupid."

She is weak but not stupid. I want to say it but I prefer to stay silent.

"I guess I collapsed." Lucy sighs.

"It's okay, it happens all the time."

I collapse most of the time when I fight, when I get high or when I get drunk until I forget who I am.

"Maybe you overreacted, your mother didn’t kiss that man."

"I know but ... I have a bad feeling, you know what I mean?” I nodded.

It always happens to me and I never pay attention to those feelings. Right now I am feeling it, I know it's about Lucy, something is not going to end well with her...or maybe with me. Who knows.

"Try to get evidence. Maybe the man was just her friend and-"

"She has no friends here Harry. I know, my mom has been out a couple of times, but with friends from the hospital, nothing else."

Maybe her mother is being unfaithful but Lucy can’t prove it until she gets good evidence.            See to believe.

"You said..." I cleared my throat. "You said your mother is doing this again, it has happened to you before?”

Lucy lowers her head and stays with her ​​gaze on her lap. "Yes, my mother cheated on my father."

"Oh and what-?"

"I'd rather not talk about it, is not a nice topic for me. "

"Okay." I completely understand, family problems are always the most delicate. I hate talking about them and apparently it happens the same to her.

"I wet your shirt with my stupid tears." Lucy laughs softly.

"No problem, at least I took my shower for the rest of the week." She laughs and I join her. At least I made her laugh; I was tired of seeing her face expressionless.

I parked the car in front of her house and she turns to me.

"Thank you Harry." Lucy leans over and plants a kiss on my cheek. The girl gets out of the car and starts to walk home. I know it was a kiss on the cheek but it was a sweet and sincere gesture.

I don't want to trust her but I do anyway. Lucy is definitely unlike any other, unlike any girl I've met. She has nothing special but I find her interesting.

I don't know but I'm so intrigued about Lucy.

At first I was indifferent to her, then I started to feel comfortable and now I'm scared like a baby. Why? Because I'm thinking about her in a different way. I never thought that I would like to spend time with Lucy, never thought I could laugh or never thought I would comfort her at such a difficult moment like this.