Chapter 58

Chapter 58

{LUCY}

"Lucy?"

"What?"

"Are you okay?" Gemma asks me and her sight is on me.

"Ah, yes, yes," I nodded and looked down at my lap.

"You look like a ghost and you look like you are nervous."

I don't answer; I don't know what to say. I softly pinch my hand as I bite my lower lip.

"Don't tell me you're acting like this for my stupid brother," she growls and I clean a slight sheen of sweat from my forehead. Today the weather is cold but my body is radiating a lot of heat.

"What? No, no, "I shake my head and smile.

"You're lying," she states and I keep pinching myself. "Don't pinch yourself!" She slaps my hand and I jump in the seat for her sudden movement.

"Sorry," I whispered.

"God girl! What is Harry doing to you? "Gemma looks worried but pissed. "Cat got your tongue, great," she rolls her eyes when I don't answer.

Minutes later Gemma stops the car and I looked up, I honestly don't know where we are.

"We have arrived!" She hums before getting out of the car.

I do the same and I scan the place where we are. We are in the downtown but it is not where I usually frequent. The whole street is full of bars and people. My eye falls on different faces and on the place, all I see are places to consume alcohol and teenagers with a lot of hormones. When I look at my phone it's 5.30 pm, in my opinion it's early but I can spot some drunk guys just meters from us.

"Where are we-we going?" I ask as I follow Harry's sister.

I wanted to escape with Gemma but I didn't think we would come to this kind of place. I thought she would drive a bit just to calm herself down and then we would go back to the house but guess I was wrong.

"Easy girl," Gemma says as she exhales the cigarette smoke. This toxic nicotine smell reminds me of Harry and I can't help but hold a grimace on my lips. "Let's drink something and chill out, I don't know about you but I need it"

"Okay." I have to accept her invitation because I don't have another choice, it would be rude to leave Gemma alone.

I place a few strands of hair behind my ear and walked with downcast eyes. It's so obvious the fact I don't belong to these places, you can tell from miles away, people just need to look at the way I dress or the way I walk.

We walk in a small tavern and all I can hear is music, laughter and many voices. We walked through the dirty tiles and choose a table.

"Hi Gemma! Want the same? "Ask a guy who appears as soon as we take a seat.

"Yes please, what about you Lucy?" She smiles at me and I looked at the table and there is no menu in sight.

"A Coke?"

"Sure, be right back," he says before leaving us.

"Tell me a little about yourself," says Gemma as she ties her lilac hair.

About myself? What can I say?

"Ahm, my-my name is Lucinda and I'm 17."

"That's it? Come on! Tell me about you! I want to get to know, "she cheers me up with a warm smile and I try to think of things about me to answer her question. I feel really bad, sad and very embarrassed because I can't find important details, things worthy of mention to Gemma.