prologue

I stared down at the handcuffs painfully bruising my wrist. They have turned white and I felt a stinging sensation everytime I moved them, even when it was just an inch.

 While the judge was talking, I glanced around in the large ivory white courtroom. The people sitting on the row of benches formed a light pastel coloured sea as everyone was neatly dressed in light coloured clothing. 

Sometimes I wonder, if someone from another dimension would enter ours, how would they characterise our society, our world?  

The plenary dimension. That is the name the superiors gave the world I was born and raised in. 

Would they consider it close ideal and untainted? Like how everyone in our dimension believes it to be?  

I let my eyes wander around the space, meeting the stares of people that were all fixed on me. Some were looks of pity, others were looks of contempt and disgust. 

Glancing around, I saw my mother's figure sitting between the people. Her glazy eyes staring into nothingness and puffy from crying. Something inside me broke as she looked up, her ocean blue eyes meeting mine.

 Mother,  I'm sorry... 

The judge's lips were moving but the sentences didn't seem to hit me, until the last words, which made my heart drop. 

'Kim Taehyung,  I hereby exile you to the earth dimension. You are never to pass our gates again. You will be seized of your possessions, your positions and your identity as an inhabitant of our plenary dimension. You will live the rest of eternity as an impaired soul roaming the grounds of earth among those lacking mortal souls.'

I heard my mother cry in agony and she collapse on the ground, only to be held up by the person seated beside her. 

Before I even realized it I was already screaming and crying, begging the judge to let me go as two pair of hands were dragging me away. Reaching out for my mother I saw her figure getting smaller and smaller until the large doors closed infront of me, leaving me in the dark. 

Being pushed down flat on the stomach, two hands were holding me tightly onto the ground. I was stripped off my clothes and without warning, I felt an indescribable burning sensation on my back. A hot sizzling sound and the smoke of burned flesh filled my senses.

 It felt like my skin was being charted away and I couln't help but scream on the top of my lungs, begging them to stop. 

 The excruciating pain continued, to the point I felt my energy slowly leaving my body as everything became a blur. 

When the pain finally stopped, I was left on the ground with a tear running down until it dropped from the tip of my nose. I heard footsteps exiting the room, leaving me in complete darkness.

I was officially marked.. 

Catching something white floating to the ground, I weakly stretched out my arm with the little energy I had left. I looked at the white feather in my bloody palm as I held it close, like it was the most precious thing in the world. 

Mixed with my tears and blood, a bitter smile crossed my lips and as I slowly closed my eyes I lowly breathed out.

'Stigma..'