CHAPTER 1

01

Who you

With the soft sun of April shining enough light to leave a pleasant glow on the city, a girl walked through the streets coloured by the crowd of people hastily chasing the steps of their busy lives.

She however, seemed very unbothered by the people around her. Her steps were slow and casual. With a black hoodie pulled over her head her eyes stared absently minded into the space infront of her, letting her surroundings completely wash over her without taking any of it in, though the fruit basket she was holding she had tightly clutched in her arms. 

Her long dark locks messily framing her face and her colourless lips forming some kind of standard pout, she had her eyebrows slightly knitted in a frown, looking as if she was in deep thought. 

Feeling a body clashing with hers, she was pulled out of her thoughts and before she realized, her body already made contact with the hard concrete of the pavement.

'Shit!' she shouted in frustration and cursing under her breath upon seeing the reddening painful rash on her elbow. When she looked up, her eyes turned wide

 The fruits now rolling over the streets she immediately jumped up, desperately trying to save as many as she could and putting them back in the basket. In a failed attempt to get a hold of the last one, she watched in horror how her precious dragonfruit was rolling over the streets and  run over by a car. 

Cursing under her breath, she turned around to meet the culprit, 

Dark eyes stared back at her.

His expression however, wasn't surprised, nor held any sign of guilt

 Instead, the eyes peeking through his pitch black locks held nothing but disinterest and boredom, even a hint of arrogance was noticable. 

He really does have the nerve, doesn't he?

She clenched her fist sucking in the growing anger for just a bit longer, she had promised herself not to cause trouble anymore after all. So as calmly as she could, she spoke with a forced smile plastered on her face. 

'The least you could do is apologise'

Putting his tattoed hands in the pockets of his black trousers, he leaned back. The look of disinterest remaining, but mixed with a tint of amusement as he clicked his tongue,

 'For what?'

'You piece of sh..' Stopping herself while her blood boiled. She held up the now broken basket with only a pathetic half of the original amount of fruit inside.

'This was supposed to be a gift for my friend.'

Running a hand through his locks, he gave her a smirk.