Chapter 4

Lana's POV

We eventually get to marina's house. The whole car ride was a bit quiet. "Thanks for helping me." She nods her head and gets out of the car. Grabbing my bags, I stumble out of the car and follow Marina into the house.

"Marina, are you okay? What's wrong?" She stops and turns around to look at me. "It's just, I could've stopped this. I could've stopped you from getting hurt. I had a bad feeling about you leaving and I didn't say anything." "Marina it's okay. I just got a few cuts and bruises. And you didn't know, I didn't tell you much about him. None of this is your fault. Don't be so hard on yourself Hun." That seems to make things a little better. A small smile forms on her face. She takes my bags from me and brings them to her room.

I follow her back, so I can unpack. She sets the bags down and takes my hand. She pulls me into the bathroom. "Here sit on the counter, I'm gonna get you all cleaned up." I hop up onto the counter. My eyes follow her around the bathroom as she gets a rag and different medicines to put on the cuts.

She stands in front of me and starts to dab the cuts. I wince at the burning sensation on my arm. She cleans up my arms and legs. "Ok stand up and turn around." I do as she says and stand so my back is facing her. I feel my dress loosen as she unzips it. I feel her touch some of the scratches on my back, each one stinging.

"Ok you can get back up on the counter, I'm almost done. She gets immensely close to my face, concentrating on cleaning the few cuts. I notice how pretty she is. She has light freckles dotting her cheeks and nose. Her bottom lip is held in between her teeth. Her dark brown eyes are stunning. Her eyes lock with mine. She laughs, "What?" I feel my cheeks turn red. "Oh, nothing." I really need to work on not staring at her because that's the second time she's caught me.

She backs up, "Alright, you're all cleaned up." She smiles. "Thank you so much Marina. I hop of the counter and give her a hug. She wraps her arms around my waist. I jump, "Ow!" She immediately steps back. I hold a spot on my ribs. "Let me see." She takes my hands off, revealing a dark bruise. "Oh, sorry. Do you want me to get you ice or anything?" I shake my head. "No it's fine." She smiles, "okay now go put some clothes on hoe." I laugh, "If one of us is a hoe it's definitely not me!" I smirk at her.

Walking over to my bags, I find some comfortable shorts and a t shirt to throw on. Marina opens up a drawer or her dresser. "I'll move my stuff out of this one, you can put your things in here." I nod and smile. "I'll make us lunch while you're unpacking." I nod my head as she walks out.
______________________________
Marinas POV

I walk into the kitchen and look through the cabinets to find something to eat.
I decide on something easy. Grilled cheese and soup. I start to make the sandwiches. I  het on Twitter while I'm waiting. I see one of my favorite bars are looking for people to sing tomorrow night. Debating on weather I should do it or not, I finish cooking.

Lana walks of a few minutes later. "You finish unpacking?" She nods. "Well you're just in time. Lunch is ready." She sits down at the table and I hand her a sandwich and a bowl of soup. I sit down across from her. "Lana, I need your help. This bar is looking for people to sing tomorrow night, and I don't know if I should do it or not." "Well I think you should. You said you wanted a singing career so you have to start somewhere." I nod my head. Okay. Will you go watch me?" She smiles, "Of course I will! You're my best friend, why wouldn't I?" "I don't know, I figured you had better things to do." She rolls her eyes and we continue eating.