Chapter 35 - The way that I've been holding on so tight

Harry got to the house early the next morning – drunk. He was hoping to numb out all feeling. But, from the way he felt right now, he knew it didn’t work. Louis made sure that he slept it off, even though he insisted – in slurred speech – that he was fine and was going to see Stacy.

Stacy’s P.O.V.

If I don’t say this now

I will surely break

As I’m leaving the one I wanna take

It was prom, and though I’d already decided that I wasn’t going, a shy but intelligent guy from my class had asked me to go with him. I felt too bad to say ‘no’ so here I was.

Forgive the urgency

But hurry up and wait

We were slow-dancing, but suddenly the setting was different. We weren’t at prom anymore.

My heart has started to separate

The lighting was different, and I could hear water. The ocean? This wasn’t Thomas from my class either. He’s voice didn’t sound nearly as deep as this. Against the dimming light of dusk, it was hard to distinguish his features. But his touch was gentle and familiar.

Be-ee my baby

And I’ll look after you

Harry’s P.O.V.

I guess Louis was getting tired of dealing with me, because he finally agreed to take me to the hospital. When I got to Stacy’s room, all the emotions that I had tried to drown overwhelmed me again. I opened the curtain to let some light in. The sunshine fell perfectly on her face and I just stood there for a moment trying to figure out how we had gotten here. I tried to speak, but nothing came out. There was a giant lump in my throat, so I opened the tap that was by her bedside and filled a glass of water. I just wish she’d wake up.