Chapter 1

A/N: I know it's not much, but this was my very first fanfiction! Please comment! I'd love to hear from you! Chapter 2 will be here shortly!

CHAPTER 1

Percy's POV

"Woah! That was close!" I yelled in the middle of the New York alley.

"Yeah that was kinda the point..." The empousa told me. We hacked at each other, she striked, I dodged, she swiped her talons at me and missed. Then she tried to kick me with her donkey leg. I took this as an opportunity and went for her gut. I thrust Riptide into her stomach and the empousa yelped, as she exploded into golden dust. A good bit of it stuck to my shirt, but I knew it would come out in the wash.

I strolled out of the alley and through New York, feeling proud of myself. She wasn't that much of a challenge, and I took her down easily. I turned around suddenly, having the feeling of being followed, but I saw nothing unusual and decided it was post-battle reflexes. I kept walking, making my way to Starbucks, deciding to go get a coffee.

I was just passing another New York alley, when someone grabbed me and took me into the alley with them. I struggled against them and almost got away, but there were more of them and they wrestled me to the ground. They blind folded me and tied my hands behind my back before I could even react. "MMHRAAFFFFFMMM!" I tried to yell, but they put a mask on my face and I tried not to breath for as long as I could. I knew it had to be gas to knock me out for a good while, and I struggled to not breath. I finally couldn't hold my breath any longer, and sucked in the fumes of the gas. My head started to spin, and then I lost all consciousness and blacked out.