Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Percy's POV

I woke up in a dazed state. My head hurt, and seemed like it was still spinning from earlier. I felt my surroundings. It seemed like I was tied to a hard plastic chair. My hands were tied but my feet were loose and not tied. I still had the blindfold on, and could feel heat coming from somewhere.

I waited for a few minutes, thinking who my captors could be, and why they would want to catch me. I wasn't sure if this was some Greek enemy, or if mortals had caught me for some odd reason. My thoughts were interrupted by footsteps coming from somewhere. I heard a door swing open, and turned my head to try and find the source of the sound.

"Ah! Good! Sleeping beauty awakes!" Said a very masculine voice.

"Untie me!" I yelled at the voice.

"I won't untie you completely, but I can see to it that the blindfold comes off. Would you like that?"

"Yeah, that would be nice." I replied, rather gravely. I felt fingers untying the blindfold until it finally came off.

A rather tall man stood in front of me, wearing a dark grey short sleeved shirt, and black dress pants. He had light brown hair and light green eyes. He wore a faint smile.

I looked around to take in my surroundings. I was in a rather small room painted white and a wooden door that faced me. There was a coffee table and a few comfy chairs seated around the table. There was what seemed to be a table for beside a bed, and it had a light green lamp on it. Another door was opened slightly so that you could see into a bathroom. Good. There was plumbing in case I needed to blow up yet ANOTHER toilet. There was a small camera on the corner on the ceiling. No doubt I was being monitored 24/7.

I looked at the man, and a million questions popped into my head. But the one that I eventually asked was, "Who the Hades are you, and what do you want with me?"

"I am Mike, and I don't mean to hurt you. I want to help, and I hope you can understand this." Mike said.

Just then, another man walked in holding what looked like an empty vaccine bottle that the doctor would use to collect your blood as a sample. Man did I hate those things.

"Okay," The man named Mike said, "We're going to take a small sample of your blood. Just hold still please, and cooperate."

"COOPERATE!?!?" I yelled, " I WAS JUST KIDNAPPED!!!"

"Please just hold still while we take the sample," Mike tried again "It's just so that we can help you. I promise."

I did everything BUT hold still and cooperate. I kicked my legs, I wriggled, I shook around, trying to get out of the bonds tying my hands to the chair. But while I was having my little fit and attempted to escape, two more men came in and held me down. The first man who came in with the shot bottle walked over and got the bottle ready. I tried my best to squirm, to loosen their grip, but it wasn't working. The man with the bottle started drawing my blood. It stung, but was nothing like I had experience in the past from all my battles. Soon the container was about a quarter full, and he took it out of my arm. The men looked at it, quite satisfied. They nodded to each other, then all the men but Mike left the small room.

"Oh don't worry," he said in a much too cheery tone, "We'll just use that as much as we can to help us learn a bit more about you." He smiled, then said, "I'll be back to, ah, check up on you in a couple of minutes." And with that, Mike left the room, leaving me tied up on the chair.