Chapter Five

I woke up the next morning to a sore back, and light snoring. I got up and looked around the room to notice the tv was off, and there was a blanket on me? What?

I heard a yawn from next to me and saw that Evelyn had awaken, and Josh followed shortly after.

"Morning sleepy heads." I said getting up and heading to the kitchen.

I could hear my stomach growling for food, and I needed to eat ASAP. I walked right to the fridge and looked for food when I felt a presence behind me. I turned my head to look over my shoulder to see Josh standing right behind me. I just shook my head and turned back to the task at hand.

After settling on a bowl of cereal, I sat down at the island and silently ate. Evelyn soon sat across from me, and Josh sat right next to me.

Last night he was cold as ice, and now he's acting all friendly? Is he bipolar or something?

Breakfast was uneventful. We ate and kept quiet, mentioning a few things here or there.
After breakfast, Josh left to do god know's what, and Evelyn and I decided to watch kids shows like the inner children we are. We were currently watching courage the cowardly dog. I loved this show as a kid, but Evelyn was still to this day terrified of it.

"Vi, why do you like this show? It's weird and creepy." Evelyn asked looking anywhere but the screen. She was acting like she was watching a sex scene with her parents. She's insane.

"Because this show is the shit." I said pointing at the screen.

She groaned and looked towards the hall. After a bit of that, I decided it was probably best to go home.

"Why don't you just stay?" Evelyn whined.

I laughed. "I need to shower and brush my teeth. I feel gross."

"Finnee."

She walked me to the door and we looked outside.

"Looks like it's gonna rain." She said.

"Yeah, better hurry."

After exchanging byes with her, I headed on my way. I didn't bother saying bye to Josh because he seemed to not even car, so why would I?

It started thundering by the time I got home, so I hurried inside. I was excepting to be greeted by silence, but boy was I wrong. As soon as I closed the door I heard a screeching voice.

"Vienna, is that you?! Where the hell have you been?!" Victoria screamed, strutting angrily into the room.

I didn't get a chance to respond before she continued. "Why the hell would you leave out of no where last night?! You didn't even other to text! You're such an ungrateful little child! Eva, doesn't need a role model like you! She needs to be a good child, not a delinquent!" I don't know what my father saw in her.

I was angry now, and I wasn't going to deal with it. "Woah, Victoria. You never gave a shit about me before so why do you now? If sure as hell isn't because of Eva."

She stepped closer. "Don't you dare use that tone with me you little bitch."

I couldn't believe what she did next. She slapped me. Right on my right cheek. My head shot the left from the blow, tears gathering in my eye.