Weirdo

Two weeks later I was on the road to Indiana. My mom's parents own a huge house that we, and some of the other family, will be staying.

My mom has one older brother. He's married with twins that are my age. Cody and Charlie and I were born a week apart.

"How much longer?" Willow whined. She'd been doing this throughout the whole trip.

"We seriously are pulling into their neighborhood now, Honey," my dad said as he turned from the passenger seat to look at her. I looked at the houses. Just as big as I remembered.

When we pulled up the twins and Benny were tossing a football back and forth in the front yard.

Here's the thing about my family, they're a bunch of jocks. Even my mom did volleyball.

I got my camcorder and filmed them as I got out. I figure I could document my outcast-ness.

"Damn, Thade. Back at it again with that camcorder," Charlie said, making the rest of them laugh and me to shut it off.

"I'll be the one laughing if I ever win an Oscar and you never become a professional football player," I said.

"And I'll be the one laughing when we become professional football players and you don't win an Oscar," Cody said. I rolled my eyes.

"Can I play with you guys?" My dad asked. He played when we was in highschool.

"Of course, Richard. You want to play, Thade?" Benny asked.

"No thanks," I said. I'd rather not give you yet another reason to pick on me.

I had a room to myself, thank goodness. I pulled out my phone and texted Bexley:

Help!!!

Not even three minutes later she replied:

Your family that bad, huh?

Yes!! All the want to do is sport!

I have nothing to do if you want to Skype or call or something.

I'll Skype, give me a second.

Kk.

I pulled out my laptop and set everything up. When I logged in I saw that Bexley was already on so I called her.

"Hey! Sorry your family is sporty," Bexley said as soon as she answered.

"It's okay. You probably aren't the person I should be ranting to about family issue," I said with a nervous chuckle.

"I'd rather not have family, then have family and feel like I don't belong," she said shrugging.

"You got a point."

"I tend to do that, don't I." We laughed a little. That damn smile! Small crush, remember?

"Really, I'm just going to be filming random things to try to cure my inevitable boredom."

"Christmas Eve Eve is the day we'll have the movie marathon. I could Skype you then."

"That would be great! Probably really low quality, but better than what's here."

"Talking to yourself, Thade?" Cody asked as he opened my door and walked right in.

"Is this your girlfriend, Thade?" Charlie teased.

"No way," Cody said. "There is no chan-" he stopped when he saw that there was indeed a girl on the other side of the screen.

"And your my boyfriend's?..." Bexley said. Butterflies erupted in my stomach. Boyfriend...