Chapter 9

Surprisingly enough they had made it through the night without being attacked and it seemed that the counselors and leadership had taken their first breath in days. Sam and Dean knew that aside from trying to tell the authorities what they knew, there weren't going to be very many ways to evacuate an entire camp.

"No one will ever believe it, Sam." Dean told his brother whose first plan was to tell everyone. "We are kids with a story, a campfire story. Aside from burning the forest down, there's no way to convince everyone to leave."

"But if there is anything that remains of Jed...."

"Right....cursed to become a monster forever, Got it." Dean sat down on a nearby bench. The brothers had been standing outside watching campers and counselors alike living life with no idea the danger that might befall them if a couple kids don't figure out how to save them.

"Look at them...." Sam said as he looked out at the kids he had befriended over the last several weeks. "They have no idea."

"They usually don't." Dean said. The boys sat there silently for a few minutes. "Alright," Dean started and stood up. " There is one other person here who might know more about what's going on here, I think I'm gonna go talk to him, Why don't you hit those books again, we found that one page, there's gotta be more in there." Sam nodded, stood up to start walking back towards the library. "And Sammy," Sam turned back around to look at his brother. "Don't go wandering off into the woods, okay?"

Sam smiled a little, putting his hands in his pocket, "Are you ever gonna stop worrying about me?"

Dean looked at him. "Never." He was as serious as Dean could be, there was very little that Dean was ever more serious about.

-----------------------

Dean didn't have to look far to find Nick, he found him in the gym throwing a ball around the basketball court with a few other guys, the girls sitting on the steps, swooning over them. He stepped down on the steps having to step between a few of them. "Ladies" He said turning on his charm. They looked up at him; some smiled a few others started giggling and whispering. Dean smiled to himself.

"Hey," Nick said as he noticed Dean he threw the basketball to him. "Haven't seen you around much, where ya been?"

Dean bounced the ball a few times... thinking carefully about his words. "Just hanging out with my kid brother"

"You have a brother?! How old?" Nick said surprised.

Dean threw the ball, making the basket. "He's twelve; twelve going on twenty two." Dean said smiling. He hated how accurate that was. Sam was such a serious twelve year old, Dean knew it had more to do with their life than anything else.

"Brothers are a special thing, always someone to have you're back. Nick said, slipping into what seemed like a dark memory, but just for a split second.

"Hey you gonna throw that ball....or..." A kid with dark hair and long arms asked. Nick threw the ball back to the guy, "Wanna go grab a bite?" He asked Dean.

"It's like your reading my mind." He said as they walked back up the steps, the girls looking up at them.

"Bye Nick" A girl with long blonde hair and too short shorts waved up at him. He smiled at her.

"Later." He said simply Dean nodded as he walked by them.

"Wow you sure have a way with the ladies." Dean noticed.

"Apparently the ladies like a good story teller," He smiled. "They've been following me around like little puppy doges since last night."

"Yeah, actually that's what I came to talk to you about." Dean had found his way into this conversation.