Chapter 4 ~ Battle scar & nightmare

Things to know:

(Y/n) = your name
(L/n) = last name
(H/l) = hair length
(H/c) = hair color
(E/c) = eye color
(F/c) = favorite color

Thoughts
Flashbacks
Dreams

•••

Your POV

I've been exploring around the "new" Phoenix Drop and interacting with some of the villagers. Everyone's really nice here unlike when I was a kid... I wonder what happened to them. I decited to head up the tree since it was getting kinda late and I had nothing else to do. Once I got to the top I saw Aphmau there on one of the beds reading a book.

"Hey Aph!" I said.

"Oh hey (Y/n)! Did you get your belt?" Aphmau asked.

"Yeah! It's really nice!" I said looking at the belt.

"It looks really nice on you!" Aphmau complimented.

"Thanks! Say I was wondering. Where's my bed?" I asked.

"It's this one right here in fact!" Aphmau said and pointed at the bed next to her.

"Oh cool!" I said and sat on it.

"Hey (Y/n). I was wondering... If you don't mind me talking about this. I noticed you had a really bad looking scar on your back. Was it... Did the demon do that to you?" Aphmau asked. I looked at my lap and slowly nodded.

"Okay... Well when you were brought here I tried to heal it for you, but nothing happened to it..." Aphmau said.

"Really? So it's gonna be there forever?" I asked.

"I'm afraid so... The other scars will heal, but the one on your back will stay." Aphmau said.

"Oh... Well I guess I'll have a permanent reminder of him then..." I said slightly angry.

Great... Now I have a nasty battle scar of what he did...

"Hey Aph?" I asked.

"Yeah?" Aphmau asked.

"I was thinking... Could you teach me how to fight with a sword? I only know a little, but I'm pretty sure that it's not enough... To kill the demon..." I said whispering the last part to myself.

"Sure! We can start tomorrow! But when we return to the capital and you decide to join us I can ask my friend Aaron to help you! He's really good with a sword!" Aphmau suggested.

"That sounds great! Thank you so much!" I smiled.

"No problem!" Aphmau smiled.

"Hey um... How many of the others know about this scar and the demon?" I asked.

"Just me. Why?" Aphmau asked.

"I just don't want people to gossip about me and baby me for almost dying from a demos attack. I don't want to be seen as a weakling. And I also don't want people to ask me about it because it's umm... It hurts to talk about it." I explained.

"I understand. I won't tell anyone about this!" Aphmau said understanding.

"Thank you!" I smiled.

"No problem! Now get some rest! We have a lot to do tomorrow!" Aphmau said and laid down on her bed.

"Good idea. Night!" I said laying down on my bed and instantly falling asleep.

Aphmau's POV (didn't expect that now did yah? :3)