Chapter Four

Recap: (Probably be best if you just read the last chapter again.) Ace has just found out that his mother is in surgery, desperately needing to get his mind off he goes out. Jake invites Ace to a party Thursday night. Ophelia bumped into Jake accidentally, which causes Jake to have a bad attitude towards her. And she also found out that her perfect golden boyfriend has been cheating on her with her best friend Jade.

This chapter is unedited, sorry!

Chapter Four: We Had Everything.

When my legs can't take it anymore, I come to a stop, my face red and sweat pouring down my forehead. I don't know where to go, or where I am so I stand there until the night begins to draw on the little town. My mind is clear now, all the images and thoughts of my Jade and Daniel still hovering inside my mind.  Wanting to get a better view of what the town looks like at night, I start towards the mountain cliff edge beyond the bridge. It's the place where you can lose your thoughts and let out your emotions run wild. So the fact that I had just seen my boyfriend cheating on me with my best friend and hadn't shed a tear means something is defiantly wrong with me.

Carefully climbing the steps to the top of the large hill leading up to a mountain, I look down at my hands, rubbing them together to get rid of the coldness tickling my skin. This was one of the places teenagers were known for to seduce each other before I started dating I used to think it was a terrible spot. But it was where I lost my first kiss, a sloppy, heavy breathing madness of a kiss. It was a girl jumped off the edge of this sharp mountain, that stopped all the hormones swirling this mountain. Hardly anybody goes here as the legend is totally a buzz kill now.

When I finally make it up to the top of the hill, the view sticks out, almost like I was less alone. I walk over to a small bench, which overlooks the whole town. The cold, hardwood supplies a seat on my butt and I lean back letting out a large breath. The lights on the street glitter from below, the rushing cars of loved ones returning home late from work.

The bench is placed far back from the cliff, providing safety from me jumping off myself and following that poor girl that came up here many years ago. I can see the coastline in the distance, I hear a rumble from the sea below, that sweeps under the large red bridge, but that's not what the focus of my awe.

No, the focus is just so much better. Just in front of me lies the part of town I haven't really ever seen, the part where no one goes, calls home or would like to be, but somehow it contains a ghost city that I've never seen. The abandoned part of town is as clear as day, they say that used to be the happiest part of town, the smell of flowers, young lovers and full of music and joy.

But, well the main feature of this side of town is the abandoned railway; running as long a gorgeous stone bridge smothered in ivy to the far left located at the very edge of the town with a rusted track leading straight through the middle. It's beautiful, and old, and the kind of thing you see on the front of a stunning scenery magazines. The town; untouched and just amazing felt as if it was almost calling me.

The dark side of the town though is incredibly dangerous now, street gangs run wild and stabbings break across the grey and lifeless streets. Not to mention that's one of the main reasons for how it lost touch with the busy street below on the other side of the highway.

 My mouth pops open as I take a glance at the rest of the view. I have officially made this my safe spot, to get away from everything, to lose my thoughts and let my emotions run, however about my emotions, they still have other plans and not a single tear had slid down my cheek yet.

"It's stunning isn't it?" A deep voice comes out from behind me. I spin my head around and face the last person I want to see right now. Ace freaking Ryder.