Chapter 10 [Fragrance]

Fragrance= A pleasant, sweet smell

"Can you walk?"

"Of course, I can!" I quickly exclaimed. "It's just a small scrap on the knee. Don't worry about it!"

To proved my point, I stood up from the ground and started walking back and forth. "See? I'm fine!"

"The blood says otherwise." Akashi stated as he stared at my knee with a look I couldn't quite tell. As I was told, I looked down to my knee to find blood trailing down my leg. I quickly sat back down and lay my legs flat on the ground in hopes of stopping the blood from spreading elsewhere.

This is bad.

This is really bad..

A familiar hand suddenly brought a handkerchief and wrapped it around my leg. Particularly around the bleeding area.

"This should stop the bleeding a bit." Akashi said as he turned his back toward me as he dropped his knees down. "Climb on."

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Climb on my back." Akashi ordered. "If you walk, it might bleed more."

"But the hors-"

"The caretaker will manage them." Akashi cut me off. "Now, climb on."

I nodded my head despite him facing the other way and slowly climbed on his back.

Akashi wrapped his arms around my legs and lifted me up. This caused me to instinctively hold onto him tighter causing Akashi to stumble a little.

"A little... too tight." Akashi choked out.

"Sorry!"

Akashi let out a breath of relieve as I loosed my hold. He then stood straight and started walking down the pathway.

"I'm sorry..."

"It's fine."
~~~

As Akashi walked back to the mansion with me on his back, neither of us spoke a word. Instead of the usual awkward silence, it was fitting, it was comfortable. With the generally cool air blowing, sun setting, and an appealing smell, there's no wonder why.

A very appealing smell.

I sniffed again, wondering where the smell's coming from. Akashi noticed this and asked as to what I was doing.

"Nothing, I just smelled something nice." I said as I blushed in embarrassment due to making Akashi noticing the ignominious move which I did.

"Is that so?" Akashi said as he continued walking. "I don't smell anything, though."

"Yeah." I chuckled awkwardly. "Maybe you're used to the smell already, you live here after all."

"Perhaps."

Akashi didn't say anymore word after that. The smell stayed during the walk, in fact, it seemed to get stronger every time the wind blew. It's weird, the fragrance itself was mysterious and delicate, with the scent of black pepper, and herbal heart notes. Almost like the smell kind of perfume and more importantly it seemed to come from...

Akashi

...

Why is that fragrance coming from Akashi?

...

Then it hit me, it hit me like car, bus, and train. This whole time, the smell, that pleasant strong scent was coming from the one and only redhead I know, Akashi Seijūrō.

"Oh gosh!" I blushed in embarrassment and buried my head on Akashi's shoulder. "Oh my gosh!"

Akashi confused to the whole situation, stopped and turned his head toward me. Well, I wasn't sure, but I could feel his eyes on me.

"What?" Akashi asked as it rang through my ears causing me to blushed more deeply.

"Nothing." I mumbled through his shirt. "Just keep walking."

"If you say so."

~~~

After what it seemed forever, Akashi set me down on the guest bed and told the maids to take care of the wound on my leg. I looked down to lap as they cleaned my wound, not noticing that Akashi has left scene a while ago.

I was glad that Akashi left the scene. I wasn't sure he noticed if the pleasant smell that I talked about was his scent, and I hoped to heaven he didn't.

That's embarrassing, how could I not notice that the scent was his? Was I that stupid? Was I that naive? Was I-

"There." The same woman who led me to the field and cleaned my wound smiled as she announced that she was done. "Next time, be more careful okay? We don't want a pretty girl like you to get any injuries."

"Okay..."

"Good." She smiled. "Dinner will be ready in 1 hour, you may take the next hour to clean yourself."

"Thank you." I thanked her for taking care of my wound and the information. "But before you go, can you tell me where's my clothes at?"

"Your clothes?" She asked, confused.

"Yes, my clothes that I wore this afternoon." I repeated more detailed. "Can you tell me where it is?"

"It's in the washer, miss." She informed. "What's wrong? Did you left something inside?"

"No! It's not that..." I quickly objected. "It's just that...I...didn't bring any extra clothes." I chuckled awkwardly. "So...that's the only clothes I brought."

Because I sure heavens would not wear the clothes that a little too revealing nightgown mother brought me during dinner.

"Oh! That's bad!" The maid exclaimed. "What are we supposed to do now?"

"I-I don't know either."

"Wait here let me inform this to young master, Akashi."

"You don't have to-"

I've been cut off by the sound of the door closing and the next thing I know, the maid came back with an elegant white dress.

A/n:
I know it's very anticlimactic way to end a chapter and I'm sorry.
I made some....situations, but I can't guarantee Akashi falling for you just yet.
Maybe next chapter, who knows. 😋

As I said this many times, school have started and I'm plain busy. Well not that busy, but still busy. So I'll try to post a chapter every 3-5 days.

That's all I have to say.

If you like this chapter feel free to leave a 💥 vote down below 😊

Bye ✌✌