VI

Marissa

  "This is the place?" I ask, looking at the palace like mansion. The house was a Victorian styled mansion, with expensive cars lined up in the yard. The house was magnificent and terrifying at the same time. Magnificent, because everything about the house screamed wealth and class. Terrifying, because inside were people who were capable of anything. 

  "Yeah, it's my parent's," Mason explains, parking his car next to another extravagant, expensive car, "They like to show off their wealth." I hum in response. Let's get this show on the road.

   As I start to leave the car, Mason grabs on to my wrist, stopping me. 

  "Yes?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. He probably has rules for tonight.

  "I have some rules." Of  course.

  "Rules?" I ask, coming back into the car. 

  "Yes, rules,"Mason says, tired of repeating the word, "One, don't mingle with anybody, Two-"

  "Why?"

  "Because there are some very dangerous people in there, and talking to them might not be a good idea, Darlin'" Mason explains, "Rule number two, if somebody does talk to you, don't make any snarky remarks, and rule number three, do not  go anywhere alone. Someone will try to take advantage of you, even if you belong to me." 

  "Okay, I accept your terms," I say, "But, I have a rule too. Do not kiss me. Under any circumstances."

  "Why can't I kiss you?'

  "Because." I say, not wanting to explain. I'll die if he finds out.

  "Because..." Mason says, not accepting my vague answer.

  "Just, because." I say, trying to hide my embarrassment. 

  "Why wouldn't you want to kiss me? I mean. look at me, I'm God's gift to the world." Mason says arrogantly, gesturing to himself. That's when he realized why I wouldn't kiss him, "Unless.. why Miss King, you haven't had your first kiss yet!"

  Oh S**t. My face reddens, confirming Mason's assumption. 

  Mason laughs, "This is gold! I've met the virgin of all virgins!" he starts laughing hysterically, clutching his stomach as if he was in pain. 

  "You're such a jackass." I murmur, getting out of the car. I leave Mason in the car, still laughing. 

  "Alyssa, wait!" Mason yells, getting out of the car and catching up to me, "I'm sorry, please forgive me." 

  "Let's just get this over with." Mason gives me on of his million dollar smiles. Oh, my heart. Mason wraps his arm around my waist and I immediately stiffen and I try not to pull away. I know that Mason is only doing this because we need to look like a real couple. He leans in close so that his lips brush against my ear. I shiver at the sensation, but I quickly compose myself. What  am I doing? I shouldn't let him get to me like this.  

  "Nice tattoos by the way." he whispered, his breath against my ear. His hand comes up to my back, where my tattoo is visible. "I just wonder where it ends."

  "I guess that's one question you'll never have answered." I say, refusing to give into his tricks. I'm not that easy.

  "Hmm." Mason leads me to the door, his hand back to were it used to be. Thank God that's over.

  "Mason! There you are, sugar!" I hear a woman say with a thick Southern accent. I see a woman who has Mason's blue eyes approach us. His mother. The woman looked well into her 50's, but Botox is obviously keeping her face wrinkle free. She carries herself with grace but her eyes show judgement.