4

Alayna woke up at 8:30 am and made pancakes, bacon, grits and eggs for everybody. "Mm Mm Mm, what smells so good?" Tanisha said coming in the kitchen. "This food girl!" Alayna joked. "Grab a plate" Alayna said turning the stove off. "Thank you so much" Tanisha sakd kissing her cheek. "No problem" shs smiled. They sat down and ate and talked. "I need a temporary job so by the time i graduate, ill have at least half the college tuition money." Alayna said eating her bacon. "Its a diner on Edgewood Avenue. They should be hiring" Tanisha said pouring herself orange juice. "I should go by there"

"Wanna go later?" Tanisha asked. "Yeah" she smiled at her.

2:30 that day, Alayna took a shower, washed her, brushed her teeth and washed her face. She straightened her hair with a middle part and put on a white sleeveless shirt, purple knit vest, blue jeans and purple flats. She put in white ball earrings and the necklace her mom gave her. "Ready?" Tanisha asked sitting on her bed. "Yeah."

They went to the diner and Tanisha sat at a table while Alayna was interviewed.
"Whats your name?" A white man in his 20's, black hair and muscles asked.
"Alayna Howard" She said. "How old are you" he asked. "15" she said. He asked 35 more questions. Tanisha drank a pepsi and was on her phone playing candy crush while she waited . "I think you'll do well. When can you start?" He asked . "Tomorrow" she smiled. "Great! You got the job" he said shaking her hand. "Thank you so much!" She smiled harder.

"My baby got a job! Better get that shmoney!" Tanisha said driving back to their house . "You are crazy" Alayna said laughing. "When you start?" She asked. "Tomorrow" she said setting her alarm for 8 in the morning for school. "Good! You gonna be a waitress?" She said pulling in the driveway. "Yeah. I dont feel like cooking ya know?" She said getting out the car. "Im so happy for you!" Tanisha said clapping. "Let me go take a shower and a nap. Man asked so many questions" she said rolling her eyes.