Chapter-6

"We're going to be late!" Em yelled from the kitchen in her usual bellow.

She didn't have to remind me. As I stood checking out my look in the mirror that hung on the back of my closet door, I cringed at the idea that anyone is going to actually see me in this outfit. I looked more like a hooker than a doctor. I am really hating Emily and Allison right now. It was a short Tiered Ruffle Hem Dress.Why Emily thought this was appropriate for an art gallery show was beyond me.

Smoothing my raven black hair that fell to just below my shoulders, I leaned in close to the mirror and saw that the tawny eye shadow and the darkest black mascara did their best to make my brown eyes pop. I stroked a final coat of plum lip gloss over my lips and put on my best face and this was really weird, because I hate doing makeup.

Too bad everything below my neck ruined all my hard work.

I made my way down to the kitchen to give EMILY a look at my getup. She was the one, who gave me the tutorial for make up.

"And here I am" I sang.

Em put her glass down on the counter and brought her hands up to her face to cover her smile. By the way she was looking gorgeous as always. And here I am looking like a clown and I am sure about it.

"OMG, Ann, you look gorgeous an-and breath-taking" as always she says everything dramatically, sometimes I think she should be an actress rather than a dentist. I rolled my eyes at her.

"And you look glamourous as always Em" both giggling by now.

"Now, now lets go, we don't wanna be late" she said.

"But what about Allison and Bill"

"Oh, we will be meeting them there" she said as we were getting out.

"And, what about Derek, shouldn't you two go together" I asked her curiously.

"Derek is meeting me just outside the hotel" she was smiling as if she was in her own world.

We drove to the hotel, it was packed by people. I was getting nervous, I hate crowd. Thus I always try to avoid gatherings or parties. I better spend my time with the books instead of these places.

Em took my hand "Ann don't worry, I am sure you will enjoy it"

"You must give priorities to these things too, stop being lazy ass" she said trying to distract me from my nervousness. "Now let's go and enjoy the party sweetheart"

"Yeah lets go" I replied smiling.

Suddenly we heard muffled sound of someone calling Em's name in the crowd outside. I looked back to see a very handsome may in three piece suit coming towards. Em besides me squealed and ran towards that man.

"Derekkk" she literally jumped onto him, hugging him. Both were embraced in their own world. I fake coughed, this made them come out of their own little world. Emily was blushing red by then.

"Oh yeah! Derek this is Anne, my best friend and room mate" Em introduced me to Derek.

Derek suddenly hugged me "Anne nice to meet you, finally I heard so much about you from Em" smiling at me.

"We must get going" Derek said holding Emily's hand.

We entered the grand hall, where the exhibition was being held. It was filled with people. Celebrities, actresses, models, politicians l could see many well known faces. Oh god where did I come this place is not for me. This was the wealthy,powerful, glamourous world. I had this urge to leave this place as soon as possible. But I must have to stay for Emily. Oh god where did you bring me Em. And I was really feeling uncomfortable in this dress.

Derek excusd himself, and disappeared in the hall somewhere, it was huge. Decoratins were out of the world. It was as if I was in some other world. Paintings were kept in for display, I could see people were excited about the exhibition. We went to bar for some drinks, I took coke, meanwhile Emily took red wine. The bartender was staring at Em, its obvious she has this glamour personality, people usually gets attracted to her, and she had played her lot, I guess she has found her Mr Perfect.

"So you are enjoying Ann"

"Yeah, this is so different, alot new, totally different world"

"Hmm we see these people only on tv screen, its so different when we see them in reality"

"That's right, this isn't our world" I took a sip.
Every one was trying to impress one other wearing their social masks. This isn't real too.

"Oh just enjoy, Ann""cheers for us"

"Cheers" I said smiling.

Derek came, "Sorry guys, I need to take care of some guests, so Em are you enjoying" Keeping his hand on her shoulder, pulling her towards him. They looked really nice together. They were smiling , sharing something secret with their eyes.

"So Ann, you are Cardiologist " Derek asked trying to make a conversation.

"Yeah that I am"

"Wow, so you like helping people,l mean it's really tough to live a doctor's life"

"Yeah, I like it very much, I never had urge to goin any other field"

"Hmm....."

Em interrupted
"Stop now, Let's enjoy the party, let's go and see the arts"

"Yeah, come I will show, the art pieces are very unique in the world, and are painted by the world renowned artists" Derek said. I didn't know enough about arts, never got chance to check out on them, but loved sketching, I used to did a lot more in school. Now, no time. The arts were exquisite, breathtakingly beautiful.
Some already sold, others were on the Que.

I was so lost in the arts, that I even forgot that Em and Derek were no longer here. I saw them talking to some people in the group l should give them some alone time too.

I went to the balcony, the place was not yet discovered by others. Thats the beast one for me.

#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#

Hello guys

Hope you are enjoying the story so far

Keep reading

This part will be CONTINUED...

Please Please vote

Any suggestions??? You can message me.

LOVE YOU guys

::)))))))::::::::::)))))))))