10. Bring it on

A/n: I would actually like to dedicate this chapter to @CanaMono75 because you actually criticize my work which at first I thought was hate but I then realized you were just being objective, so I wasn't mad. Anyway, I'm actually thankful for your comments because then I know what I should fix. I was also surprised you actually still kept reading even though I thought you didn't like my book. So thank you :)

Also I'm sorry everyone for not updating. School was started and I got busy but I now have motivation to write again!
-----------------------

Why, just, why?!

This is a dream. It has to be. A very, very unfortunate dream. God, I hope someone will wake me up soon...

Ever since we fought, I didn't want to see him. I was so used to being around the friendly, outgoing, and sometimes even sweet Daiki, that I didn't want to be around the arrogant jerk he became. He does everything and anything without a care in the world, and I even heard he's punched one of his teammates before..

When I left Teiko, I was so hurt by him I didn't even bother talking to him. The first month we were apart I was sort of hoping he missed me, or at least that he was sorry, but I knew he had stopped caring. At some point I just buried everything deep down into a corner of my mind where I wouldn't have to think about it.

Now not only did I dislike his personality, but it all just felt so awkward even being near him. We used to be best friends, and now we are practically strangers. But I should have expected this, because this was the year I came back into his life, of course our paths would cross more than once.

Maybe this would be good for me. The more I see him the more I'll get used to him.

Right?

I turn over towards him trying to mask the panic in my voice and say,
"What are you doing here?

"What are you blind now? I'm working." He says sarcastically. I roll my eyes, "I mean why did you get a job. You're lazy as hell. What makes you want to actually be productive?" Maybe I shouldn't be nice to him. It's not like he deserved any of my kindness. If I wanted to be his opponent I couldn't look weak. I had to show that I was stronger than the girl he used to know from Teiko.

"Yeah well magazines are getting expensive and now since I work here, I get an employee discount." He says and walks off to put the boxes in a room in the back of the store. That's it? Porn was his only motivation? Wow. I guess I should get to work too, but it still feels awkward being around him.

We stayed silent for the rest of our shift. I was too paranoid of saying something stupid so I just shut up. Aomine on the other hand just didn't want to talk to me. And there was something inside me that wished he did. Even though I hate the person he'd become now I just wish he'd say something.

Like, it's been two years and this is all he has to say? It's kinda sad how much your old friends can change...

--------------------------

When our shift ended we went in the back room to get our bags. It was silent between us for so long it would just feel awkward to talk again. I tried to put away my things quickly in my bag so I could go home but my hand slipped and all my things dropped on the floor.

My registration form fell out too.

I panicked and frantically tried to take it before Aomine saw it but he was too quick and snatched it up first. He gave it a glance and looked up to me with a smirk.

"You joined to basketball club? Beh hahahaha!" He cracked up laughing. I snatched it out of his hands in embarrassment and stuffed it back into my bag, not caring that I wrinkled it.