11. Limitations

Although I was put into first string, the coach said today was the day I actually prove myself.

"Don't be worried f/n. You'll be fine. Just play like you always do." Aomine patted my shoulder with confidence.

"Daiki you have no idea how pressuring this is! You don't even have to try to get into the first string. I'm hanging on a thin thread this close to being kicked out!" I exclaim as a put my index finger and thumb extremely close together.

"You worry too much f/n. Just use your laser-eye-thing and you'll be fine." Aomine says as he lazily wraps his arm around my shoulder. My whole body stiffened at his touch. It's not the first time he's done this to Momoi or I before. But it all just felt...weird now(or maybe it was then I realized he had sweaty armpits). Beginning to have feelings for Aomine almost felt like having a crush on my brother. Just gross and weird.

"If you want a player analysis I can show you the notes I took f/n-chan." Momoi offered and began looking for her notebook in her bag.

"Thanks Satsuki, but I don't think I'll need them." I wave my hands in refusal as we all walk towards the classroom. Momoi nods and tucks her notebook back into her bag. I awkwardly shake off Aomine's arm and clear my throat avoiding eye contact, as I don't want him thinking anything of it. Though when I looked back up at him his eyes said otherwise, showing a look of confusion, but he soon went back to smiling as we approached class.

Immediately the girls in the class chuckled and spoke to each other while looking at Aomine who was too dense to notice. I inhaled and ignored them, just simply slumping into my seat behind Momoi. Momoi turned around and tilted her head in concern. "F/n, is everything alright?" She lightly touched my hand resting on my desk.

"I've just felt kind of uncomfortable lately... I don't know how to explain it." I shrug and rest my head on the table.

"Is it because of your test at practice today?" Momoi gently shook my arm a little harder wanting an answer.

"No... I mean, I'm nervous but that's not what really the problem." I try avoiding giving an answer and stall more. I've known Momoi as long as I've known Aomine. We might even be closer then I am to him, but to finally tell someone what's been on my mind is uncomfortable anyway. Even with Momoi. I guess part of it is accepting the fact that I like Aomine.

"Okay, but you have to keep this an absolute secret." I warn Momoi with a deadly glare and she nods quickly eager to hear my answer. I gulp. I lean into her ear and whisper, "I think I might like Daiki."

"Wait seriously?!" Momoi yells in disbelief

"Wait seriously?!" Momoi yells in disbelief. I quickly leap and cover her mouth with my hands before she causes a scene.
"I said it's a secret! Did you really have to yell?" I whisper yell with my eyebrows knit together in anger.

"For how long?!" Her eyes wide with shock. "I don't know... A while? But it just feels weird all of a sudden whenever we hang out. And I can't stop blushing sometimes and it feels so weird. Daiki is like a brother to me, and now he's not." I try to form the words to describe my thoughts. Momoi hums in response and puts her hand to her chin in thought.