5: I'm Avoiding You!

Blair's POV

  I was rushing to put my things in my bag when I heard Jamie's Volkswagen drive out of our estate.

  "Uuuggh!" I groaned, frustrated. It's the Friday of the second week of school, and also the first time this school year that Jamie actually lost her patience and drove out without me. Well, I guess there's no use hurrying now.

  I took my time placing my homework and the rest of my stuff into my book bag as I contemplated on how to get to school.

  "Was that the Volkswagen?" Elain's head suddenly poked through the open doorway, a piece of toast hanging from her mouth and her black leather backpack almost falling from her right shoulder.

  "Yes," I answered. "They left you too?"

  "I couldn't get enough of the pancakes, okay?" Elain replied, walking back down the hallway.

  "Wait!" I swung my bag onto my shoulder and followed Elain out the door. Atleast I wouldn't be alone riding the school bus. "I'm ready, let's just go to school together."

  "No way," Elain declined as we began descending the stairs. "I'm biking to school."

  I pouted and whimpered. I was being ditched by my family...again.

---

  As Elain pedalled farther and farther away from me, the feeling of being ditched enveloped me once again. I watched my sister bike into the horizon, and finally turned away when she was too far to be seen. It occured to me that I was the only kid in the family that didn't own a form of transportation. Why didn't I ever ask for a bike or a scooter? That way I wouldn't have to depend on Jamie for rides all the time.

  Note to self: ask mom for a scooter as a birthday present.

  Oh well, atleast Elain cared enough to bike alongside me to the bus stop.

  I leaned against the metal post of the bus sign as I waited for the bus to come. Seconds and minutes flew by, but the bus had yet to arrive. I looked up impatiently. The clouds floated high above, and I hated them for coming and going faster than the school bus.

  After about eight minutes of waiting, the bus finally rounded the corner and stopped right in front of me. I was so relieved that I actually smiled at the door as it hissed open.

  "Get in," the grumpy old bus driver said, and my smile morphed into a pout.

  I boarded the bus and looked around for a place to sit. It was practically full, but there was an empty seat beside this guy...

  My world stopped. I made accidental eye-to-eye contact with him. The mysterious, blue-eyed boy that had helped me find my locker. I gulped. I couldn't look away. And the weird part was, he didn't either.

  Cramberry sauce with sprinkles.

  "Sorry I'm late."

  I was shook from my trance when a bubbly brunette got onto the bus. She was unusually tall, with amber eyes that looked like a lion's. Was that because of the make-up? Her lips were shiny with lipgloss and curved into a cutesy smile.

  We looked at each other, and her smile faded.

  "Excuse me," she pushed past me, nulling the polite expression. The girl strutted down the aisle and stopped at his seat.

  "Hey Finn," she said in a rather flirtatious manner that annoyed me.

  Finn, huh? So that was his name.