Chapter 5

Zack cornered me and started to lean into me. I just pushed him away. "What are you doing!?" I yell. I just hope it was loud enough for Nick to hear. "Come on. Do you think you have a chance with him?" I scoffed. "As if! I don't even like him!" Zack chuckled. "Really? It didn't look like it a few minutes ago." Zack grabbed my chin lightly. He was going to lean in to kiss me, but we heard someone cough. We looked over to the door and see Nick. "Nick?" I asked shocked. Nick looked at his brother. "Can we speak alone?" asked Nick. I just pointed at myself, making sure he was talking to me. Nick shook his head. I just nodded and walked out of the room. "Your brother is here by the way." I look at Nick, who wasn't looking back at me.

I just nodded again. "Thanks," I whisper. I walk out of the house and see my brother outside. "Hey, Lawrance," I say, scared about what was going to happen. "Come on." Lawrance started to walk home. I followed him. Before he unlocked the door, he looked at me. "Do you smell that?" I started to sniff the air. "I smell nothing." He started to sniff and looked at me again. "Is that... Cologne?" I sniffed my clothes and smelled the cologne. "But Nick doesn't wear cologne," I whisper to myself. Lawrance was able to hear me. "Nick? You mean the boy from before?" Why does my mouth have to open at the worst time? "No," I lied.

"Kim. I know when you're lying." I sighed. "Yes." Lawrance opened the door and pushed me inside. He walked past me and said, "I don't want you to go to his house ever again!" My eyes widened. "Why not?!" I yelled back. Lawrance stopped walking to turn around to look at me. I just glared at him. "Don't you dare raise your voice at me." "Then tell me why I can't go see him." Lawrance didn't say anything. He just walked away. I sighed and headed to my room. When I did, I look out my window. Wonder why Nick wanted to talk to his brother. I look at the time and see it's six. I sighed and laid down on my bed. 

"Kim." I hear someone call my name. I sat up to look around. "Kim." The voice was coming from my window. It had to be Nick. I walk over to my window and saw Nick. I opened my window to talk to him. "Nick?" Nick nodded. "Sorry for what happened." I shook my head. "It's fine." Nick looked worried. "Did he hurt you?" He must be talking about Zack. "He didn't." Nick just nodded. "Okay. That's all I wanted to know." After that, Nick closed his window and curtains. I closed my window and walked out of my room. When I got to the living room, the door to enter the house opened. "I'm home!" I looked to see who it was. "Mom!" I walk up to her and smiled.

"Kim, how are you?" "I'm good," I reply. We then hear footsteps walking towards us. "Lawrance." My mom walked away from me to see Lawrance. "How are you doing?" Lawrance smiled. "Good." I could tell that he was lying. "Where's dad?" I ask. My mom turned to face me. "He said he's coming home late. So it's only us." I nod. "I have to do some work in my room," said Lawrance. My mom just nodded. "I'm going to make dinner." My mom headed to the kitchen. "How was school, by the way." I just said what I usually say, "Same as always."

***This chapter was a bit short, but I tried to write something. So for now, enjoy this small chapter.***