Chapter 3

I woke up by the sound of Lawrance in the other room. I look at the clock and see it's four in the morning. I got out of bed and walked over to Lawrance's room, which is right behind mine. I knock on the door. "Lawrance?" I say tired. No answer. I can hear someone walking. I knock on the door again but louder. "Lawrance open up!" Still nothing. I place my ear on the door to see if I can hear anything. Right when I did, Lawrance finally opened the door. I fell, but he caught me. "Lawrance, what are you doing up?" I got up and Lawrance just headed towards his window. 

"Lawrance! You're gonna look like a stalker!" He started to cover my mouth and placed his finger to his lips, signaling me to be quiet. I removed his hand and whispered, "What are you doing anyway?" He then pointed at his window and said, "The neighbors were arguing really loud which woke me up." I didn't even hear them argue. Plus the only neighbors we can see from our window is... Nick. I walked up to the window and didn't hear anything. "I hear nothing." Lawrance sighed. "Looks like they stopped." He then looked at the time and said, "You better get some sleep, you got school tomorrow!" Lawrance pushed me out of his room and closed the door. 

I was left speechless and headed to my own room. Before I laid in bed, I hear Nick's voice. "Kim!" I go over to my window and see Nick. Lawrance is probably still awake and listening to our conversation. Better do some acting. "What do you want?" I say a bit annoyed. Nick was amazed at what I said and signaled him that Lawrance might be awake. He caught on and gave out a smirk. "All I wanted to say is that I'll be waiting for you outside to do it." He then made a circle with his hand and the other pointed at the circle. I couldn't believe this. Before I could say anything back to him, I hear my door slam open. "What are you two going to do!?!?" I turn around and see Lawrance. 

"It's not what it sounds like!" I turn back to Nick and yell, "You're gonna regret that you jerk!" Nick smiled and said, "Looking forward to it." He closed his window and left me mad.

I woke up and did my morning routine. I got outside, but Lawrance was there to watch me leave. Ever since what happened last night, Lawrance is going to watch me leave and wait for me to come back from school. Thanks, Nick. I walk out and see Nick waiting for me. I just walked past him hoping that made Lawrance happy.  While walking, we didn't talk at all. I then sighed and asked Nick a question. "So what did you want last night?" Nick smiled and said, "I thought it was clear? I wanted you." I then punch him. "Oww!" "Told you you're gonna regret it." Nick just smiled. "I see."

We made it to school on time and had a few minutes to spare. I couldn't find Martha so I just hung out alone. If you're wondering about Nick, he got swallowed by a swarm of girls that were waiting for him. While waiting for the bell to ring, a girl walked up to me. "Hey, Kim." I look at the girl and she was the one from the other day. "Need something?" I ask. She nodded with a smile. "I'm still waiting for you to get away from Nick." Her smile turned into a death glare. She leaned closer and I leaned back. "I saw you walking with him this morning. You'll regret punching him. Okay?" I thought I was talking to Satan, but now it's a cheery cheerleader or something. She just walked away and I tried to figure out how to breathe again.

The bell finally rang and I headed to math. I walk in but was stopped by Ms. Kennedy. "Kim, I was expecting you." Is it me, or did that sound creepy? "Yes, Ms. Kennedy?" Ms. Kennedy took out a piece of paper and handed it to me. "Your schedule changed, so for now on you will be having different class times. Same class, different time." I looked at my new schedule. "I don't remember wanting a schedule change." Ms. Kennedy was surprised. "What do you mean? You requested for one. You filled out the form for why." I just looked at the schedule and said, "Can I have a pass to go to the office?" Ms. Kennedy nodded and wrote an office pass. "Thank you."

I head over to the office and asked for assistance. "What is it you need?" asked a student helper. "I need to talk to Ms. Williams." The student helper nodded and headed to Ms. William's office. Ms. Williams takes care of student's schedules and attendance. "You can go right in." I thanked the student helper and walked into Ms. Williams office. "Um, Ms. Williams?" I say as politely as I can. "Yes?" said Ms. Williams, not taking her eyes off her computer. "I have a question about my schedule change." "Name?" I said my name and she looked at me. "Yes, you requested a schedule change yesterday."

I shook my head. "I'm sorry, but I don't remember requesting for one." Ms. Williams looked at me confused. "What do you mean? You filled out the form." I nod. "That's what I heard." Ms. Williams looked through her files and handed me a yellow paper. "Isn't this your name?" I look through the paper carefully. "That makes no sense. It has my name, my current schedule, and my signature!?" "How about this?" Ms. Williams took out a plain piece of paper and handed me a pen. "Write your signature please." I nod and signed it. I handed her the paper and pen. She got up and told me to follow her.

"We have a program to detected a false signature." I nod and we just headed to a desk. "We need to check if these two signatures are the same." The person at the desk nodded and plugged them into the program. We waited for a minute and the results came in. "The results are in," said Ms. Williams. "They are the same." I couldn't believe it. "How can that be? I haven't signed anything recently, so no one couldv'e copy it."