02

"Nicaaaaa..."

"Jacquelin ano ba!"

"Why are you so sungit?" I pouted. I continued poking her cheek with my ballpen.

"Heh! palibhasa kinikilig ka diyan." she tried to speak with her mouth full of ice cream. or fries. or both, 'di ko na alam we eat a lot.

I laughed. I don't know why i'm laughing so hard. "I love ich cweam talaga."

She glared at me but couldn't contain her laugh when she saw my face. "Walanghiya, just don't spill stuff on my bed you ho." She reached down to get a handful of tissues then threw it on my face.

"Tinamaan ka ata talaga, mygahd!" Nica said while looking at me funny.

I continued smiling, "Di kaya."

"Fine. Sabi mo yan ha, but let's see next week ay sus kilig kilig ka nam..." Nica's voice faded out as I checked my phone.

I was scrolling through my timeline when someone DMed me.

Isabelle
Hey, do u get the percent error stuff for the lab report?

My eyes widened and my mouth gaped. Am i still drunk?... but i'm pretty sure i don't hallucinate when i'm drunk..

"NICAAAAAAAAAA!" I screamed even though she's right infront of me.

"Wha- oh my gulay! She's in love with you!"

"Gaga!" I shook my head.

"But still! why would she DM you? Di pa ba sapat ang pag uusap niyo kanina?" She continued.

"Hindi, nang istorbo ka kasi." I said, back to my neutral face expression.

"Leche kasi yung max na yun! She interrupted me and Hannah's moment." she whined.

I looked back at my phone. What the hell do I say? I don't even know what she's talking about. Ang responsible naman niya. Our lab report's due next week pa.

I didn't ask Nica simply because I already know she wasn't listening either. I DMed Jillian, our classmate slash academic chair for the answer then replied to Belle immediately.

J
Hi (: yup you get the percent error but you have to be careful when solving for it.

I stare at my phone.

*ting*

Isabelle
Thank you so much! Uh, if you don't mind.. can you help me with my lab rep? It's alright if you're busy though!

I stood up straight at Nica's bed while looking at my phone.

"Heeeey! Get your dirty feet off my bed!" She tried to push me but I wasn't paying attention to her.

"I gotta go." I got off the bed, wore my shoes then grabbed my bag.

I have a video call tonight.

-
12:30am

"Yeah then you have to answer the questions for the analysis and discussion," I smiled at her then yawned. She wasn't looking at me, instead she was typing so i took this opportunity to look at her features.

God, if she was the reactant we observed, i'd probably write a whole paragraph just about her eyes.

"Hey, jacquelin?" She squinted at the camera.

"Hey," I replied, my eyelids getting heavier and heavier.

"Thank you for tonight, I uh.. I finally-" The audio went inaudible. I didn't hear what she said.

"Ha? i'm sorry, di kita narinig." I yawned again.

She didn't answer my question. She smiled half heartedly. Guess i'm not the only one who's already sleepy.
"Good night, friend! See you tomorrow at class." she said as she ended the call.

Yeah, friend.